ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Getting approval for ceremony with IRP expiring?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ultrablaze
Newly Registered
Canada

Getting approval for ceremony with IRP expiring?

Post by ultrablaze » Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:28 am

Hello all,

I'm incredibly relieved to have finally received the promising letter in my citizenship journey, asking me to pay the 950€ fee in order to hopefully receive my Certificate of Naturalisation at the 5/6 December ceremony.

My concern is that one statement on the documents I need to provide is "provide a scanned copy of your in-date IRP card"

I am holding an IRP for stamp 4 which is currently valid, however, expiring next Friday. I submitted my IRP renewal request but with the backlog, they say 8-9 weeks which will push me past the deadline here, and I'll be in the deadzone between the two when they are processing this citizenship request.

I would hope that if I submit it now with the IRP in date + email acknowledging receipt of my IRP renewal request, this will all proceed smoothly. The alternative is to push this all out and wait till I get my renewed IRP to respond... I would lean towards attempting the first option currently.

Does anyone have experience with such a situation? Open to any thoughts and advice.

Thanks in advance!

meself2
Ireland

Re: Getting approval for ceremony with IRP expiring?

Post by meself2 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:24 am

If I'm correct, there is a certain limit, by which you need to send a letter? If so, first option seems to be the good one (it was in date on the moment of sending/them receiving it), but who knows how they'll look at it. You theoretically can email the new card later.
You could've applied 12 weeks before expiry to avoid all this, but what's done is done I reckon.
Also, are you sure you can get Stamp 4, it's just a routine renewal?
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

ultrablaze
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by ultrablaze » Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:44 am

They give me 28 days to respond to this letter to be considered for this round.

I doubt they will process it before the end of next week even if I send it today, so I guess it won't be in date for that even if it is when they receive it... For the IRP renewal, I thought I couldn't submit a renewal sooner than one month before expiry so I waited.

As usual, it was confusing but I do indeed hope it should be a rubber stamp renewal, I was critical skills to stamp 4 which was for 2 years. My best understanding is this was a very straightforward renewal with minimal documents but I couldn't find official guidelines for this situation (just went off what seemed to be the opinion on here).

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:19 am

ultrablaze wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:44 am
They give me 28 days to respond to this letter to be considered for this round.

I doubt they will process it before the end of next week even if I send it today, so I guess it won't be in date for that even if it is when they receive it... For the IRP renewal, I thought I couldn't submit a renewal sooner than one month before expiry so I waited.

As usual, it was confusing but I do indeed hope it should be a rubber stamp renewal, I was critical skills to stamp 4 which was for 2 years. My best understanding is this was a very straightforward renewal with minimal documents but I couldn't find official guidelines for this situation (just went off what seemed to be the opinion on here).
so it's not complicated and you just prolonging your stamp 4 received by CSEP? i assume you should be grand but it takes a bit too long now
although seeing the timelines, you still have a chance - post2089421.html#p2089421
when did you apply?

btw if you achieved 5 years on critical skills, might be good idea to apply for LTR
https://www.irishimmigration.ie/my-situ ... residency/
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

seon
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by seon » Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:10 am

I think the first option seems fair. You can follow up with a letter when you get your in dare IRP. At some point you should have submit your original IRP also but I don’t know if that changed now and they are not asking for the original card anymore. Anyone knows?

ultrablaze
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by ultrablaze » Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:19 am

This step is done online, so I'm not sure yet if it offers a field to add any additional information (such as indicating the case number for my in-process IRP renewal). I could certainly try to just physically mail to their provided address whenever I get an update, such as a confirmation of approval / my final card, not sure if it would reach the right people though.

I'll give it another day or to, see if anyone else on here has any other thoughts or suggestions, but failing that I'll probably try my luck and submit it on Monday.

Trying to think what is the worst case that could happen, I guess they would reject me for this ceremony, and then hopefully the process would work smoothly to try again for the next one.

rajashahidaly
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by rajashahidaly » Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:11 pm

Hi there
I was in a smillar situation, with an expired gnib and to send the application for ceremony
I scanned the old card with the receipt for the renewal of gnib and completed the application as didn't wanna miss the December ceremony.

Haven't heard anything except that the fee was processed.
I am not sure if someone has physically looked at the application or not.

I have received the new gnib, but dont know if i should send it by post/email or not?

As the portal doesn't allow to add any additional documents and the letter I received was asking to send only travel (irish) documents by post.

ultrablaze
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by ultrablaze » Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:14 pm

rajashahidaly wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:11 pm
Hi there
I was in a smillar situation, with an expired gnib and to send the application for ceremony
I scanned the old card with the receipt for the renewal of gnib and completed the application as didn't wanna miss the December ceremony.

I have received the new gnib, but dont know if i should send it by post/email or not?

As the portal doesn't allow to add any additional documents and the letter I received was asking to send only travel (irish) documents by post.

Ah, was this just recently for the upcoming ceremony on December 5th? When exactly did you submit it?
You made a single scan image that contained the email + the card I guess? As there seems to be no way to add additional comments or documents it seems unfortunately... Hopefully it's just fine, or else perhaps they will contact you to ask about it.

Looks like I'll probably be in the same situation as you once I submit it now, don't see much of an alternative.

ultrablaze
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by ultrablaze » Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:21 pm

Well at the moment I'm getting some internal server HTM: error trying to upload documents anyway... so I'll try again later.

youngmoon
Ireland

Post by youngmoon » Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:48 pm

I am also in the same situation and uploaded the expiring IRP card. I hope they will ask for the new IRP card down the line.

rajashahidaly
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by rajashahidaly » Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:25 am

ultrablaze wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:14 pm
rajashahidaly wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:11 pm
Hi there

Ah, was this just recently for the upcoming ceremony on December 5th? When exactly did you submit it?
You made a single scan image that contained the email + the card I guess? As there seems to be no way to add additional comments or documents it seems unfortunately... Hopefully it's just fine, or else perhaps they will contact you to ask about it.

Looks like I'll probably be in the same situation as you once I submit it now, don't see much of an alternative.
Sorry for the late reply I made a single Pdf file with old GNIB and receipt of new one. I completed the online application on 18th September 2022.
However when i got my new one I posted it to the ceremony team with a cover letter explaining same.
I hope they understand the situation 🙏
Haven't got the invitation yet, except confirmation of the processed fee for the ceremony