ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Heybabyy

Post by Heybabyy » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:39 am

Darkhorse wrote: So this happen to me yesterday when I come home and pick up the letter this morning and has been approved. 3 year +/- 2 weeks.
I wish you all luck. Be patient you will have it. For those applied jan-06 to jun-06 should have the news sooner than 3 years in my opinion as you all now improvement has been made 3 or 4 months ago. It takes time to clear all the back logs.
Darkhorse
Congrats to you as well. Could you please update the forum with details like strongbow. When did you applied and when were you asked to send additional docs?

Darkhorse

Post by Darkhorse » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:40 am

Hi All, I can only make appointment in dublin dolphin house court. You need to live in the area. I have to ring back next week for some reason to get the appointment.
applied in Nov-05 (second week I think).
ask for extra docs in end of may 08 and send in beginning of june -08
received approval Mid Nov-08.

My logic is they sent out approval in the third week of each month.
Last edited by Darkhorse on Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

burbero
Newly Registered

Post by burbero » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:43 am

strongbow wrote:Just a quick note to say that I received approval for my naturalisation application today morning.

Timelines:
  • Nov 29, 2005: Applied for naturalisation on the basis of living and working in Ireland for 5 yrs
    Jan, 2006: Received letter saying that my application is in the "queue"
    May, 2008: Received request for marrriage and birth cert affidavits which I submitted 1 week afterwards.
    1st week, Oct 2008: Sent letter to DoJ asking for status update. Received a generic reply saying that my application decision was not made and they would be in touch in due course of time.
    Nov 20,2008: received approval.
Also I think that my application was completely handled by the Dublin office rather than Tipperary as all the letterheads had Dublin address.
Got exactly the same timeline as Strongbow and Darkhorse - applied November 2005, additional docs - May 2008, approval - 2 days ago.

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:28 pm

Congratulations to Darkhorse, Strongbow and Burbero!!

I hope the rest of us can hear similar news soon!!

Dublin1

Post by Dublin1 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:15 pm

so we can draw a conclusion that people applied on Nov. 05 got it on Nov. 08

astraclub
Newly Registered

Post by astraclub » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:35 pm

- Applied 8th Jan2006
Received acknowledgement --16th January 2006
Received notification that i am in que ---2 Feb 2006
Received mail asking about my birthcertificate -14 july 2008
sent birth affidavit, received acknowledgement --20th july 2008

received letter last week asking marriage affidavit --14th Nov

last 3 letters are signed by same lad, i rang ans asked why did they not ask for marriage affidavit in July itself--no clue

B'cracy at its best :evil:

Will send the marriage affidavit tomorrow, not sure when will i get it
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

For spouse:
applied 8th July 2006
Received acknowledgement- 15th July 2006
in que -- 1st August 2006
received letter asking about my(spouse) P21/bank acount for last 3 monts/salaru slip, ---Sept'08
Sent letters with all info -27th sept.
got letter asking for marriage affidavit and birth cert affidavit: -6 Nov08
sent both -12 NOv
received acknowledgement on the paper -14th Nov
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I dont know how long it will take more before they send the letter, any day i get the letter with harp on it, i open it expecting some good news but always "I am directed by the misiter, send this info"

hope to god we get this by x'mad

Darkhorse

Post by Darkhorse » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:35 pm

You will most likely hear from them on 19/Jan :D :D

HOTSPURS

Post by HOTSPURS » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:33 am

Congrats Strongbow & darkhorse !

Heybabyy

Post by Heybabyy » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:21 am

astraclub

There are 2 theories -
a) The approval is usually 6 months after you send the additional docs. --> according to this you would hear back 14th Nov'08 + 6 months i.e. May 09.

b) The processing time end-to-end was 3 years for some guys who got approvals recently --> according to this you must get it in Jan 09.

It also looks that they are processing both yourself/spouse at same time. Best of luck and keep the forum updated on how did it go.

Dublin1

Post by Dublin1 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:24 am

I know it is diffcult question to answer, but during this 6 month they only look for the Garda report and minster approval, or there is other issues checked during the 6 month after sending the additiionla docs ?

Heybabyy

Post by Heybabyy » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:04 pm

Dublin1 wrote:I know it is diffcult question to answer, but during this 6 month they only look for the Garda report and minster approval, or there is other issues checked during the 6 month after sending the additiionla docs ?
They also check with your GP if you are capable of producing any citizens to the country. :lol:

Darkhorse

Post by Darkhorse » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:19 pm

Dublin1 wrote:I know it is diffcult question to answer, but during this 6 month they only look for the Garda report and minster approval, or there is other issues checked during the 6 month after sending the additiionla docs ?
I don't think they do anymore checks. look at post from last man standing (if I remember correctly). He has the approval 3 weeks after sending bank statement. But he sent wrong bank statement in first place. the total he has to wait is 3 years as well even though the delay in his part initially.

guessaname
Newly Registered

Post by guessaname » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:44 pm

I've applied in Nov 2005 on basis on 5 yrs residency, sent affidivits in May 2008, got approval on Oct 10 2008, sent court declaration n fees on Oct 30 2008 and received Certificate of naturalisation on 17 Nov 2008.

Cheers
G

Heybabyy

Post by Heybabyy » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:07 pm

How come you got an appointment at court so quick? Are you in Dublin or outside?

Darkhorse

Post by Darkhorse » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:13 pm

Heybabyy wrote:How come you got an appointment at court so quick? Are you in Dublin or outside?
guessaname, are you in dublin?

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:15 pm

Hi burbero,darkhorse
Are you based in Dublin? Did you manage to get a date for court appointment? I rang up the District Civic Offices mentioned in the letter and they wouldn't give me a date. They said that the procedure had changed in the last couple of days and they asked me to contact the DoJ directly to get an appointment--given that they don't respond to phone calls I don't know what to do. Apparently there has been so much backlog that they can't get a date in Dublin for the next 6 months!

Also a solicitor told me that DoJ sends letters to people who have received approval but who do not come back with the court declaration after a few months. In the letter they threaten to revoke the approval if you don't do this in time!..Looks like the DoJ departments don't talk to each other!!

guessaname
Newly Registered

Post by guessaname » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:50 pm

Yes, I'm based in Dublin.

Darkhorse

Post by Darkhorse » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:31 pm

yes dublin too and me either strongbow,no appoinment yet

cnu

Post by cnu » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:34 am

Strongbow, Guessname, Darkhorse:

Your patience finally paid off, You have done very well, Congratulations! Time to enjoy take a day off from office and spend some quality time with your family... take them out for a dinner

On the side note may I ask: is there any mention in the approval letter that you have to take court-appointment by any particular date? or may be by certain time?

This will put me in a bit of panic cos if [and only if] the letter arrives during my vacation .. any way my guessing game is still going on... I've applied in Dec 2005

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:03 pm

Hi Darkhorse,
I've just sent you a PM. I think that it might be good for you to write a letter to the DoJ asking for an appointment and explaining the situation that the Dublin Civil Office is not giving an appointment

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:05 pm

Cnu,
there is no date given in the letter within which you need to take appointment for declaration but as I said in an earlier post the DoJ issues warning letter if they don't get back the declaration within a few months--they key issue thuogh is that the Dublin Civil Office has a backlog of several months and are no longer giving out appointments!

cnu

Post by cnu » Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:21 pm

Thanks a million Strongbow!

Heybabyy

Post by Heybabyy » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:10 am

strongbow wrote:Cnu,
there is no date given in the letter within which you need to take appointment for declaration but as I said in an earlier post the DoJ issues warning letter if they don't get back the declaration within a few months--they key issue thuogh is that the Dublin Civil Office has a backlog of several months and are no longer giving out appointments!
How can they deny giving an appointment? Backlog can only push the dates further. Have you taken this up with DoJ. They probably are not aware about this non-issuance of appointments by District court. Is it not better to temporary rent out a room in other county and get an appointment there?? You can always say that you moved there after approval of naturalisation was granted - hence the change of address. It may cost few quid but better than getting it delayed by few months.

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:24 am

I am writing to DoJ regarding the appointment situation.
I called up some of the other district courts outside Dublin but they said that they will deal with only locals. It will be a rigmarole to give a B&B address if I rent a room outside Dublin as in the form for oath I need to fill in my residential address as well.

It's a simple case of one hand not knowing what the other is doing--that's DoJ for you!

Heybabyy

Post by Heybabyy » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:19 pm

Not sure if you can temporarily show that you moved to nearby county. May be rent a room at any of your friend's house in Wicklow/Kildare/Meath/Louth. The only thing is that the letter of naturalisation would come at this temporary address so it would be good if this place is reliable. Once you have this letter then move back to Dublin (only on papers). :lol: And apply for red book.