ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need help for my waiting time of British Nationality

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ediabu
Newly Registered
Palestine

Need help for my waiting time of British Nationality

Post by Ediabu » Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:21 pm

Hello respected member.
I applied for the British nationality after my release from prison on 2007 and received reply from home office refusing my application and saying I’m eligible for nationality on 2012.
I applied again on 2017 but no answer except a generated letter on the pandemic of Covid-19 saying a delay of my application due to short staff, I’m waiting for over 5 years and I sent a lot of letter but no answer.
I hold a stateless refugees indefinite leave to remain and I don’t have a passport to travel.
Can anyone provide me a contact email or number for home office or suggest what I do please
Thank you.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: Need help for my waiting time of British Nationality

Post by contorted_svy » Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:36 am

I'm sorry about your very long waiting time.

You can try to contact your local MP https://members.parliament.uk/FindYourMP and ask them to follow up.

Other email addresses for the Home Office are
furthernationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
NationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk
citizenship.Support@homeoffice.gov.uk
NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

London22
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by London22 » Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:51 pm

Ediabu wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:21 pm
Hello respected member.
I applied for the British nationality after my release from prison on 2007 and received reply from home office refusing my application and saying I’m eligible for nationality on 2012.
I applied again on 2017 but no answer except a generated letter on the pandemic of Covid-19 saying a delay of my application due to short staff, I’m waiting for over 5 years and I sent a lot of letter but no answer.
I hold a stateless refugees indefinite leave to remain and I don’t have a passport to travel.
Can anyone provide me a contact email or number for home office or suggest what I do please
Thank you.
Hello
Your case is very strong to be successful as god character requirement doesnt apply on you .You should write them & tell home office of your rights as a stateless refugee that you should be naturalised as soon as possible & if dont receive a a quick & positive reply should take legal action as judicial review which do doubt would be in your favour .Goodluck.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:33 am

London22 wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:51 pm
Ediabu wrote:
Hello respected member.
Thank you.
Hello
Your case is very strong to be successful as god character requirement doesnt apply on you .You should write them & tell home office of your rights as a stateless refugee that you should be naturalised as soon as possible & if dont receive a a quick & positive reply should take legal action as judicial review which do doubt would be in your favour .Goodluck.
Why would you say that good character doesn't apply to the OP? OP has stated that he/she went to Prison, how else would good character apply to anyone. OP hasn't stated how long he/she spent in prison as there are different conditions attached to the length of jail time.
Asking to be naturalised as soon as possible is a very bold request.
FYI, the UK isn't mandated to naturalise anyone from anywhere.

Don't mean to be rude, but "if you do the crime, then you do the time". Consequences come with it as well.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

London22
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by London22 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:25 pm

Ticktack wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:33 am
London22 wrote:
Ediabu wrote:
Hello respected member.
Thank you.
Hello
Why would you say that good character doesn't apply to the OP? OP has stated that he/she went to Prison, how else would good character apply to anyone. OP hasn't stated how long he/she spent in prison as there are different conditions attached to the length of jail time.

Don't mean to be rude, but "if you do the crime, then you do the time". Consequences come with it as well.
A stateless refugee & children under 10 years have exception from the good character requirement.Obviously the reason to that is clear that a stateless person should be naturalized without delays according to UN refugee convention & nationality guidance of the home office clearly states that good character requirement doesn't apply on stateless persons & children under 10 years.I think the OP needs to represented properly to the home office to get a successful & quick reply as we know with the home office one has to ask for the right ,it isn't given on a plate .

Ediabu
Newly Registered
Palestine

Post by Ediabu » Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:55 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:36 am
I'm sorry about your very long waiting time.

You can try to contact your local MP https://members.parliament.uk/FindYourMP and ask them to follow up.

Other email addresses for the Home Office are
furthernationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
NationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk
citizenship.Support@homeoffice.gov.uk
NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk
Thank you

Ediabu
Newly Registered
Palestine

Post by Ediabu » Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:00 pm

London22 wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:25 pm
Ticktack wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:33 am
London22 wrote:
Ediabu wrote:
Hello respected member.
Thank you.
Hello

A stateless refugee & children under 10 years have exception from the good character requirement.Obviously the reason to that is clear that a stateless person should be naturalized without delays according to UN refugee convention & nationality guidance of the home office clearly states that good character requirement doesn't apply on stateless persons & children under 10 years.I think the OP needs to represented properly to the home office to get a successful & quick reply as we know with the home office one has to ask for the right ,it isn't given on a plate .

Thank you for the advice
Forget to say my sentence was 9 Months.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:26 am

Thank you for the advice
Forget to say my sentence was 9 Months.
Nationality Policy
Sentence-based thresholds
An applicant will normally be refused if they have received:
• a custodial sentence of at least 4 years
Page 12 of 54 Published for Home Office staff on 08 September 2022
• a custodial sentence of at least 12 months but less than 4 years unless a period
of 15 years has passed since the end of the sentence
• a custodial sentence of less than 12 months unless a period of 10 years has
passed since the end of the sentence
• a non-custodial sentence or out-of-court disposal that is recorded on their
criminal record which occurred in the 3 years prior to the date of application
However, in the case of non-custodial sentences and out-of-court disposals, if a
person was convicted within 3 years of submitting the application, but more than 3
years have passed on the date the application is decided, the application must not
be refused solely on this basis. However, where there are other issues of concern,
previous offences may be considered relevant when considering good character as a
whole.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:09 pm

OP applied in 2017, 10 years after their release. Can you clarify in what month you finished your sentence and in what month in 2017 you applied?
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

Ediabu
Newly Registered
Palestine

Post by Ediabu » Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:25 am

I am finished my sentence on October 2017 and I am applied for citizenship on December 2017
Many thanks

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:24 am

Did you finish your sentence in October 2007 or 2017? (I assume 2007)

If you applied more than 10 years from when you spent your sentence and you had no other issues relating to good character ever since, that requirement should be OK. In any case, this doesn't excuse the time they are taking with getting back to you, so try getting in touch with them through the email addresses I posted before and through your MP.

Ediabu
Newly Registered
Palestine

Post by Ediabu » Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:17 pm

I have been contacted my MP and rise my case to him to contact the home office and he get
the answer and send it to me.
any suggestion what to do now,
can I still need to send an email to them or just keep wait
Here the message from my MP:

I hope you are keeping well.

I have now received an update from the Home Office, and they have told me that there are
external ongoing checks being made, so are unable to give a time scale.

The Home Office will only consider expediting an application is there is a serious illness
or death in the family.

You would need to provide evidence of this and submit such evidence
via email - TPHResponse@homeoffice.gov.uk and state your full name and application number.

I am sorry to say but it is just a case of waiting and hopefully you will not have to wait
too much longer for a decision.

With best regards

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Oct 14, 2022 2:01 am

Ediabu wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:17 pm
I have been contacted my MP and rise my case to him to contact the home office and he get
Keep waiting, only further message to MP after some time passed not less than 3months IMHO.

I have now received an update from the Home Office, and they have told me that there are

The Home Office will only consider expediting an application is there is a serious illness
or death in the family.

via email - TPHResponse@homeoffice.gov.uk and state your full name and application number.

I am sorry to say but it is just a case of waiting and hopefully you will not have to wait

With best regards

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:04 am

Ediabu wrote:

or death in the family.

With best regards
You will have to keep waiting for a few months. As you have a conviction your case requires checks with the police and other government departments. You didn't receive a straight refusal which is at least something.

Ediabu
Newly Registered
Palestine

Post by Ediabu » Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:33 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Fri Oct 14, 2022 2:01 am
Ediabu wrote:
Keep waiting, only further message to MP after some time passed not less than 3months IMHO.

or death in the family.

With best regards
Thank you

Ediabu
Newly Registered
Palestine

Post by Ediabu » Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:34 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:04 am
Ediabu wrote:

or death in the family.

With best regards
You will have to keep waiting for a few months. As you have a conviction your case requires checks with the police and other government departments. You didn't receive a straight refusal which is at least something.
Thank you