ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EUTR3 Application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Lelldorin77
Newly Registered
Ireland

EUTR3 Application

Post by Lelldorin77 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:36 pm

Hi all,

Maybe this was answered before but I have a question regarding EUTR3 application.

I moved to Ireland based on a general work permit (stamp 1) in 2016 and change my stamp to EUFam in 2018. As my stamp 4 EUFam will be expiring in around May, I want to renew it. However, it seems the only options are to re-apply to the EUTR1 or apply to EUTR3.

It seems applying to EUTR3 would make more sense, however, it states the application takes around 6 months and the applicant would need to be in Ireland as an EU family member for 5 years. Would this mean that I would need to re-apply EUTR1 or would I be able to apply to EUTR3 6 months before as until I get the reply I would be living here for 5 years as an EU family member?

Thank you for your help in advance!

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: EUTR3 Application

Post by littlerr » Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:44 pm

There is no concept of ‘re-applying EU1’. You must apply for EU3 six months before it’s expired - it should mean you have roughly 4 years and 6 months on EU1 already by then.