ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Previous application details

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

weworkuk
United States of America

Previous application details

Post by weworkuk » Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:52 am

Hi,
I am filling out the UK citizenship application, I just want to clarify some points.

Immigration details - Previous application details

Before this section, I already filled out the information about my ILR in the Biometric residence permit details.

Q1. Should I add ILR information again in the Previous application details or skip it?

Q2. When I switch to a Tier 2 visa, I held a Tier 2 General-Migrant visa until I received a BRP card(Tier 2 General). Should I add both the temporary T2 visa(Migrant) and the T2 general visa or just add the T2 general visa only? (T2 visa application date was valid from Aug and the T2 general visa was valid from Oct.)

2 Referees

2 of my friends who can support this

Q1. Can a friend be my referee? (I am sure yes, but want to make it clear.. Both are my friends for 7yrs)

Q2. 'What is their profession?' What details do I add to this? Could I add their specific job title and company name? or...?
One referee gave me - engineer (for example)
second referee gave me - CTO, engineer (for example)

Q3. 'How does the referee know the applicant? Could I say 'studied together'?

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: Previous application details

Post by contorted_svy » Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:24 am

weworkuk wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:52 am
Hi,
I am filling out the UK citizenship application, I just want to clarify some points.

Before this section, I already filled out the information about my ILR in the Biometric residence permit details.

Q1. Should I add ILR information again in the Previous application details or skip it?

Q2. When I switch to a Tier 2 visa, I held a Tier 2 General-Migrant visa until I received a BRP card(Tier 2 General). Should I add both the temporary T2 visa(Migrant) and the T2 general visa or just add the T2 general visa only? (T2 visa application date was valid from Aug and the T2 general visa was valid from Oct.)

The question refers to all previous immigration applications, if known. Write all the details you can track down/remember.

2 Referees

Q1. Can a friend be my referee? (I am sure yes, but want to make it clear.. Both are my friends for 7yrs)

Q2. 'What is their profession?' What details do I add to this? Could I add their specific job title and company name? or...?

Yes, a friend can be your referee. Their occupation has to be roughly what they do, make sure to agree it with them as they will be asked to confirm it. You can say anything you want on how you know each other - but the referee will have to confirm the relationship, so you need to agree on the answer.

Please make sure to double check that one of them is a referee from an accepted profession (an engineer is ok but they must be a member of a professional organisation, having a degree or a job as an engineer is not enough).
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

weworkuk
United States of America

Post by weworkuk » Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:30 am

contorted_svy wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:24 am
weworkuk wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:52 am
Hi,

The question refers to all previous immigration applications, if known. Write all the details you can track down/remember.

2 Referees

Yes, a friend can be your referee. Their occupation has to be roughly what they do, make sure to agree it with them as they will be asked to confirm it. You can say anything you want on how you know each other - but the referee will have to confirm the relationship, so you need to agree on the answer.

Please make sure to double check that one of them is a referee from an accepted profession (an engineer is ok but they must be a member of a professional organisation, having a degree or a job as an engineer is not enough).

I appreciate your kind reply ! I may like to ask one more thing.

-2 Referee : I will add their specific job title + Organisation name eg. Head of director at XXX

-Previous application details : 'Was this application made in the UK?' I am unclear about this question, mostly BPR card I received in the UK in this case the answer is YES. What about if I apply from other countries? One of my visa(T4 student migrant) shows 'place of issue - Manila' does it means this application was not made in the UK?

Thanks!

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:34 am

Just reply with where you were when you applied, it doesn't matter where you received the BRP card. If you were in the UK when you applied tick "yes", else tick "no".
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

weworkuk
United States of America

Post by weworkuk » Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:38 am

contorted_svy wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:34 am
Just reply with where you were when you applied, it doesn't matter where you received the BRP card. If you were in the UK when you applied tick "yes", else tick "no".

Thanks.

If I say 'NO' then I have to put the information in the blank.

Where was it made?
For example, New York or British Consulate General New York

If I apply from Japan for exmaple, than could I add JAPAN?

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:07 pm

Yes, correct, state the country you applied from.

weworkuk
United States of America

Post by weworkuk » Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:04 pm

Thanks ! super helpful!

weworkuk
United States of America

Post by weworkuk » Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:41 pm

Any chance I could ask another question?

Date of application, if known
: What should I add in this section? I thought the date of issue in my visa..

Enter your reference number if known
: this could be start with GWFxxxxxxxxx ?

Many thanks.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:37 am

It's an "if known" question and doesn't impact application. It clearly asks for application date if known NOT visa issue date.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:46 am

weworkuk wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:41 pm
Any chance I could ask another question?

Date of application, if known
: What should I add in this section? I thought the date of issue in my visa..

Enter your reference number if known
: this could be start with GWFxxxxxxxxx ?

Many thanks.
Provide all the details you know/can track down, and don't worry if you can't give everything. An approximate history at the best of your recollection is OK.