ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Time between additional document and decision

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mehrdaaad
Iran

Too much delay, HEEEEEELP

Post by Mehrdaaad » Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:11 pm

Hi guys
I applied for skilled worker visa from Iran
I did my biometric in 13 july an I did not receive anything till 17th August from UKVI international escalation from Sheffield and they asked me question about my personal information which I replied 30 minutes later after their email and I still await. When will I receive my decision email because this delay makes me nervous??? Someone can help me ???
My start work date is 1th september which must be pushed back that my employer told me they understand my situation.

Hampshire
Mood:
India

Re: Too much delay, HEEEEEELP

Post by Hampshire » Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:33 am

You have to be more patient. Home office is overwhelmed with applications from Ukraine.

Mehrdaaad
Iran

Post by Mehrdaaad » Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:03 pm

Thanks for reply.
But I am afraid of losing my job, however , my employer told me they understand this delay is out of my control but it is been more than 7 weeks after my biometrics.😞😞😞😞

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Aug 29, 2022 6:23 am

Mehrdaaad wrote: ↑
Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:03 pm
Thanks for reply.
But I am afraid of losing my job, however , my employer told me they understand this delay is out of my control but it is been more than 7 weeks after my biometrics.😞😞😞😞
Does it mean no pressure from your employer and no threat yo your Job then. There are delays and you need to be more patient

Mehrdaaad
Iran

Post by Mehrdaaad » Tue Aug 30, 2022 4:40 pm

Thanks for your reply.
I did my biometrics in 13th July and start date is 1th September, my employer told me they are ok but if I arrive in the UK after 28th September due to this delay, I want to know it would be a problem for me ?

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:45 am

You can join after the start date in the CoS, that's not an issue. If it is delayed more than 28 days, your employer can amend this in their SMS.

They already said it's ok for them to wait, for sure they know what to do if the process takes longer. You should be patient!

Mehrdaaad
Iran

Decision letter by Email

Post by Mehrdaaad » Thu Sep 01, 2022 3:46 pm

Hi all

I applied for skilled worker visa from Iran and did my biometric in VFS in 13th July and still await decision.
As I have seen some applicants said they received an email which was about a decision has been made and they had to wait to receive their passport to inform it has a visa or not.
On the other hand, some applicants said they received email about approval or refusal their application visa.

Which one is correct??

Thank you

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Re: Decision letter by Email

Post by ywlgy » Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:51 pm

The first happens when you apply outside of the UK. The second happens inside the UK.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

Mehrdaaad
Iran

53 days delay

Post by Mehrdaaad » Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:54 pm

Hi all

It's been 53 calendar days after my biometric from outside the UK.
I just received an email from international escalation 3 weeks ago.
I want to know, there is someone who has been await like me ????

Home Office is a nightmare.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: 53 days delay

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:00 pm

You have already been advised there are delays. You have also tagged onto other topics where members are also waiting due to delays.

There is nothing you can but wait. Posting repeatedly on the forum will not speed up the process.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mehrdaaad
Iran

Post by Mehrdaaad » Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:28 pm

CR001 wrote: ↑
Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:00 pm
You have already been advised there are delays. You have also tagged onto other topics where members are also waiting due to delays.

There is nothing you can but wait. Posting repeatedly on the forum will not speed up the process.
You are completely right.
I have been anxious due to this long delay and I am worried about it

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:52 pm

Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:28 pm
CR001 wrote: ↑
Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:00 pm

You are completely right.
I have been anxious due to this long delay and I am worried about it
If you check the timeline threads may give you better idea on how to prepare yourself for the wait.

Mehrdaaad
Iran

Time between additional document and decision

Post by Mehrdaaad » Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:40 pm

Hi all

I applied 9th July and on 21th Sep I received an email from visainfo.shefo to asked additional document within 10 working days which I sent my document.
I want to know based on this long delay to assessing my application how long it takes to receive decision because today is 10th working day ??

Thank you

lolo2
Venezuela

Re: Time between additional document and decision

Post by lolo2 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:35 pm

I think you've been asked for additional info or documents more than once, it seems your application has not been straightforward. Usually these type of applications take longer than those without any additional requirements.

Nobody will be able to tell when you will receive a response. There are severe delays in processing applications these days, take a look at the other posts here including the one re application timelines. You need to be patient and wait until a final outcome is provided.

Mehrdaaad
Iran

Re: Time between additional document and decision

Post by Mehrdaaad » Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:13 pm

lolo2 wrote: ↑
Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:35 pm
I think you've been asked for additional info or documents more than once, it seems your application has not been straightforward. Usually these type of applications take longer than those without any additional requirements.

Nobody will be able to tell when you will receive a response. There are severe delays in processing applications these days, take a look at the other posts here including the one re application timelines. You need to be patient and wait until a final outcome is provided.
Thanks for your reply.
I made a mistake in my application in English language part to fill my IELTS UKVI Number and they asked to send them scan of my english test report with 10 working days that I did.
In email there was "If you are unable to send the required evidence within 10 working days a decison will be taken on your application" I sent in that time but nothing has received.
It was the first time that they ask documents.
It is been 3 months after applying and I am still await.

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:07 pm

Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:11 pm
I did my biometric in 13 july an I did not receive anything till 17th August from UKVI international escalation from Sheffield and they asked me question about my personal information which I replied 30 minutes later
You were asked on the 17th August for personal information.
Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:13 pm
I made a mistake in my application in English language part to fill my IELTS UKVI Number and they asked to send them scan of my english test report with 10 working days that I did.
In email there was "If you are unable to send the required evidence within 10 working days a decison will be taken on your application" I sent in that time but nothing has received.
And more recently again for your English certificate.

Clearly your application has not been straightforward.

The 10 days mentioned in the message from UKVI is the time given to you to provide the requested document, it is not the time for them to give you a response.

Opening many posts with the same query will not make your process faster, also you're risking a suspension or ban from the forum. Again I would suggest you to patiently wait until a decision is made.

Being in a lengthy wait myself before I can understand your frustration, but at least you're in your country of origin where you're free to work or find any source of income whilst waiting. Just imagine applicants in the UK who wait for months for a decision without any income and being unable to work without permission.