ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometrics Appointment - query

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sivaquery
United Kingdom

Form FLR (M) or Form FLR (FP)

Post by Sivaquery » Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:17 pm

I am currently on a PBS Dependant visa and planning on applying for a Family visa as my husband has a British Citizenship.
I have filled in the application form but am now am not sure which form I filled. It just says Family visa in the email link. Is there a way to check this? I downloaded a PDF copy, but it does not mention the name of the application.

I don't know if I filled in Form FLR (M) or Form FLR (FP). And don't want to submit an incorrect form resulting in refusal.

Pls help me in selecting the correct form.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Form FLR (M) or Form FLR (FP)

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:53 pm

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:04 am

Sivaquery wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:17 pm
I am currently on a PBS Dependant visa and planning on applying for a Family visa as my husband has a British Citizenship.
I have filled in the application form but am now am not sure which form I filled. It just says Family visa in the email link. Is there a way to check this? I downloaded a PDF copy, but it does not mention the name of the application.

I don't know if I filled in Form FLR (M) or Form FLR (FP). And don't want to submit an incorrect form resulting in refusal.

FLR M would be appropriate since your partner is a British citizen.

Prior before your husband got his citizenship, did he got his ILR under long residence route?
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

Sivaquery
United Kingdom

Post by Sivaquery » Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:25 am

TODMATT wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:04 am
Sivaquery wrote:

Prior before your husband got his citizenship, did he got his ILR under long residence route?
Thanks for your quick response.
My husband was on Tier 1 ( General) Visa. He entered UK in 2010. Got his ILR in 2016 and his British Citizenship in 2018.

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:03 am

Sivaquery wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:25 am
TODMATT wrote:
Sivaquery wrote:

My husband was on Tier 1 ( General) Visa. He entered UK in 2010. Got his ILR in 2016 and his British Citizenship in 2018.
How come you are still a dependent? How long have you lived here? FLR m will be appropriate considering he's now a British citizen like i said.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

Sivaquery
United Kingdom

Post by Sivaquery » Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:17 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:03 am
Sivaquery wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:25 am
TODMATT wrote:
Sivaquery wrote:

How come you are still a dependent? How long have you lived here? FLR m will be appropriate considering he's now a British citizen like i said.
I first came to UK on a Dependant Tier1 (General ) in March 2011 stayed till Sept 2013. Returned to India due to personal reasons. Visa Expired.
Then in May 2015 came to UK again on a new Dependant Tier1 (General ) which I have been extending till now (current leave expires in Jan 2023).
I have lived here for approx. 5 years but with 2 breaks of 1 year in between .
I think I don't qualify for ILR as 5 years continuous stay is not available in my case.

FLR M as you suggest seems to be the only option for me.

Sivaquery
United Kingdom

FLR(M) - Urgent help with questions in Form - Pls help

Post by Sivaquery » Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:53 am

Hi,

I am in the final stage of filling in the FLR(M) form which includes my 2 kids. I plan to submit it next week.
I have a few questions on the application form that I need urgent help with.

Should I consider the entry date to UK as per my kids current visa or of the 1st expired visa?

Back story -
My kids 1st came to the UK on 28/05/2015 and stayed till 20/06/2016 on a PBS dependent visa.
Went back to India, and after its expiry they came to the UK on a new PBS dependant visa on 14/05/2019 and are staying in the UK without travelling out anywhere.

Q1) When did they enter the UK? - 28/05/2015 or 14/05/2019
Q2) How long has your child lived in the UK? - 3yrs 5 months or 4 yrs 8 months
Q3) Have they been out of the UK since they started living here? - Yes or no depends on Q1

Q4) Do you and your partner have any shared financial responsibilities?
- I am currently not working. My husband pays all the bills. But my name is on the Council tax and Utility Bills. Should I say Yes or No

Q5) Does the account with the bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation relate to another person who is to provide you financial support?
- Does this mean my husband who is paying for everything or a third party like a friend or relative?

Your help in answering the above questions is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: FLR(M) - Urgent help with questions in Form - Pls help

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:32 am

Sivaquery wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:53 am
Hi,

I am in the final stage of filling in the FLR(M) form which includes my 2 kids. I plan to submit it next week.

Should I consider the entry date to UK as per my kids current visa or of the 1st expired visa?

Back story -
My kids 1st came to the UK on 28/05/2015 and stayed till 20/06/2016 on a PBS dependent visa.
Went back to India, and after its expiry they came to the UK on a new PBS dependant visa on 14/05/2019 and are staying in the UK without travelling out anywhere.

Q1) When did they enter the UK? - 28/05/2015 or 14/05/2019 Date on which the current conyinued stay is based on
Q2) How long has your child lived in the UK? - 3yrs 5 months or 4 yrs 8 months Depends on answer to Q1
Q3) Have they been out of the UK since they started living here? - Yes or no depends on Q1

- I am currently not working. My husband pays all the bills. But my name is on the Council tax and Utility Bills. Should I say Yes or No

Q5) Does the account with the bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation relate to another person who is to provide you financial support?
- Does this mean my husband who is paying for everything or a third party like a friend or relative? Is this between you and hubby

Your help in answering the above questions is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sivaquery
United Kingdom

Post by Sivaquery » Fri Nov 04, 2022 11:14 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:32 am
Sivaquery wrote:
Hi,

Back story -

Q1) When did they enter the UK? - 28/05/2015 or 14/05/2019 Date on which the current conyinued stay is based onthanks
Q2) How long has your child lived in the UK? - 3yrs 5 months or 4 yrs 8 months Depends on answer to Q1 thanks

When I select YES its asking - Please list your shared financial responsibilities and how much you each pay each month? - Shall I just say all expense shared - Would I be asked for proof of income or proof of payment ?

- Does this mean my husband who is paying for everything or a third party like a friend or relative? Is this between you and hubby Yes, its my husband's name on the utility bills i am submitting and he pays for it

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Fri Nov 04, 2022 11:57 am

Sivaquery wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 11:14 am
AmazonianX wrote:
Sivaquery wrote:
Hi,

Back story -

Q1) When did they enter the UK? - 28/05/2015 or 14/05/2019 Date on which the current conyinued stay is based onthanks
Q2) How long has your child lived in the UK? - 3yrs 5 months or 4 yrs 8 months Depends on answer to Q1 thanks

When I select YES its asking - Please list your shared financial responsibilities and how much you each pay each month? - Shall I just say all expense shared - Would I be asked for proof of income or proof of payment ?No you would not. It's just trying to establish how you live.

- Does this mean my husband who is paying for everything or a third party like a friend or relative? Is this between you and hubby Yes, its my husband's name on the utility bills i am submitting and he pays for itAs you don't pay for anything, Yes it means your husband.

No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

Sivaquery
United Kingdom

Post by Sivaquery » Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:03 pm

Ticktack wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 11:57 am
Sivaquery wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 11:14 am
AmazonianX wrote:
Sivaquery wrote:
Hi,

Back story -

When I select YES its asking - Please list your shared financial responsibilities and how much you each pay each month? - Shall I just say all expense shared - Would I be asked for proof of income or proof of payment ?No you would not. It's just trying to establish how you live. Thanks !

- Does this mean my husband who is paying for everything or a third party like a friend or relative? Is this between you and hubby Yes, its my husband's name on the utility bills i am submitting and he pays for itAs you don't pay for anything, Yes it means your husband. Thanks ! I'll select the option as YES

Thanks @AmazonianX & @Ticktack for your very quick response.

Sivaquery
United Kingdom

Post by Sivaquery » Sat Nov 05, 2022 11:45 am

while reviewing my form have come up with 2 more queries -

Would your children be affected if your application was refused?

Sivaquery
United Kingdom

Post by Sivaquery » Sat Nov 05, 2022 12:17 pm

Thanks for your help with my previous questions.
While reviewing my form have come up with 2 more queries -

It has been suggested to answer the below 2 questions with the following answers, but I thought maybe a more personal answer is expected. Is the below answer OK or should I remove it and put in details pertaining to my personal life

Q- Would your children be affected if your application was refused? Please provide details

A - The duty in section fifty five of the Borders, Citizenship and Immigration Act to have regard to the need to safeguard and promote the welfare of a child under the age of eighteen in the UK, together with Article three of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child, means that consideration of the child s best interests must be a primary consideration in immigration decisions affecting them.

Q - Do you have any other reasons for wanting to stay in the UK?  Explain your other reasons and say what documents you will provide to support your claim

A - The Secretary of State is respectfully reminded to acknowledge that it would be in children's best interests to continue to have both stability and continuity of social and educational provisions in the United Kingdom where they have grown up. Their lives have become entrenched here and their links and ties with this country are strong, which goes beyond their normal ties. During my stay, I have established my own private, professional, and family life in the UK. There is no evidence at all to suggest that I am likely to be a burden on taxpayers or is unable to integrate into society. Furthermore, the Secretary of State also has always been under a duty to comply with requirements imposed by the common law: notably, to act consistently with the intentions of Parliament, and to exercise her powers in accordance with the law and in a rational manner. The Human Rights Act additionally imposed on the Secretary of State, a statutory duty not to act incompatibly with Convention rights, including the right guaranteed by article eight. The duty in section fifty five of the Borders, Citizenship and Immigration Act to have regard to the need to safeguard and promote the welfare of a child under the age of eighteen in the UK, together with Article three of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child, means that consideration of the child s best interests must be a primary consideration in immigration decisions affecting them.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:34 pm

Sivaquery wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 12:17 pm

It has been suggested to answer the below 2 questions with the following answers, but I thought maybe a more personal answer is expected. Is the below answer OK or should I remove it and put in details pertaining to my personal life

Q- Would your children be affected if your application was refused? Please provide details

A - The duty in section fifty five of the Borders, Citizenship and Immigration Act to have regard to the need to safeguard and promote the welfare of a child under the age of eighteen in the UK, together with Article three of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child, means that consideration of the child s best interests must be a primary consideration in immigration decisions affecting them.

Q - Do you have any other reasons for wanting to stay in the UK?  Explain your other reasons and say what documents you will provide to support your claim

A - The Secretary of State is respectfully reminded to acknowledge that it would be in children's best interests to continue to have both stability and continuity of social and educational provisions in the United Kingdom where they have grown up. Their lives have become entrenched here and their links and ties with this country are strong, which goes beyond their normal ties. During my stay, I have established my own private, professional, and family life in the UK. There is no evidence at all to suggest that I am likely to be a burden on taxpayers or is unable to integrate into society. Furthermore, the Secretary of State also has always been under a duty to comply with requirements imposed by the common law: notably, to act consistently with the intentions of Parliament, and to exercise her powers in accordance with the law and in a rational manner. The Human Rights Act additionally imposed on the Secretary of State, a statutory duty not to act incompatibly with Convention rights, including the right guaranteed by article eight. The duty in section fifty five of the Borders, Citizenship and Immigration Act to have regard to the need to safeguard and promote the welfare of a child under the age of eighteen in the UK, together with Article three of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child, means that consideration of the child s best interests must be a primary consideration in immigration decisions affecting them.
You will be surprised that your response to the above will not determine the decision on your application.
Write a response personal and from your perspective as it affects your family dynamics. Does not have to be verbose

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:35 am

Sivaquery wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 12:17 pm

Just go with the above. No need to try to prove that you've researched the law. Not like it matters, but you don't need to yank the tail of the tiger. :lol:

Sivaquery
United Kingdom

Post by Sivaquery » Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:23 am

Thanks @ AmazonianX
Thanks @ Ticktack

I did feel the explanation might be a tad over the top :oops: , but was hesitant to write a long sob story :roll: .
I'll keep it short and crisp as suggested.

Fingers crossed am hoping to submit by Thursday.

Sivaquery
United Kingdom

Biometrics Appointment - query

Post by Sivaquery » Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:51 pm

Hi,

I have submitted my Visa application (FLR-M) last week and have booked for a Biometrics appointment in the first week of December. In the appointment confirmation email I rec'd, instead of my home address under my name, its displaying my immigration advisor's address. Even though in the application form I had mentioned my postal address and asked to be contacted via that.

Does that mean if my application is successful the BRP will be sent to my immigration advisor instead of my address. If so, how can i make sure its sent to me?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Biometrics Appointment - query

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:38 pm

Sivaquery wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:51 pm
Hi,

I have submitted my Visa application (FLR-M) last week and have booked for a Biometrics appointment in the first week of December. In the appointment confirmation email I rec'd, instead of my home address under my name, its displaying my immigration advisor's address. Even though in the application form I had mentioned my postal address and asked to be contacted via that.

Does that mean if my application is successful the BRP will be sent to my immigration advisor instead of my address. If so, how can i make sure its sent to me?

Thanks in advance for your advice!
If you have appointed an IA who acts on your behalf and their details inputed in the form, the IA address is what will be used for correspondence with you. You appointed them.

Sivaquery
United Kingdom

Uploading Documents in UKVCAS

Post by Sivaquery » Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:53 am

Hi,

Thanks to all the moderators for their kind help and support. I have submitted my visa application (with 2 dependant kids) last week and am awaiting the biometrics in first week of December.

I am now uploading the mandatory and supporting docs online and had the following queries -

Do I need to upload the sponsor's payslips, Bank St, sponsor employer letter, employer contract, co-habitation letters for 2 years in both of my kids' section also, or is just uploading them in my section ok? I don't want to irritate the case worker with unnecessary files, but same time don't want them to think the application has no supporting documents.

I have uploaded my Kids' passport, BRPs, Birth Certificate, my spouse's Passport, My wedding certificate, Letter from their school in their section. Is anything more required ?

Is it necessary to upload and submit the docs within 10 working days? - as this was mentioned in the checklist downloaded from UKVI.

I submitted my application in mid November and my biometrics is in the 1st week of Dec. Do I need to submit my sponsor's November month Payslip and corresponding bank Statement. ( I would get the payslip at end of month and bank st only after 6 dec). I had thought to finish uploading and submitting the docs before then to avoid last minute online troubles.

Pls guide and advise me.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Uploading Documents in UKVCAS

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:20 am

Sivaquery wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:53 am
Hi,

Thanks to all the moderators for their kind help and support. I have submitted my visa application (with 2 dependant kids) last week and am awaiting the biometrics in first week of December.

I am now uploading the mandatory and supporting docs online and had the following queries -

Do I need to upload the sponsor's payslips, Bank St, sponsor employer letter, employer contract, co-habitation letters for 2 years in both of my kids' section also, or is just uploading them in my section ok? I don't want to irritate the case worker with unnecessary files, but same time don't want them to think the application has no supporting documents.

I have uploaded my Kids' passport, BRPs, Birth Certificate, my spouse's Passport, My wedding certificate, Letter from their school in their section. Is anything more required ?

Is it necessary to upload and submit the docs within 10 working days? - as this was mentioned in the checklist downloaded from UKVI.

I submitted my application in mid November and my biometrics is in the 1st week of Dec. Do I need to submit my sponsor's November month Payslip and corresponding bank Statement. No, all relevant document is till application submission date as reference. ( I would get the payslip at end of month and bank st only after 6 dec). I had thought to finish uploading and submitting the docs before then to avoid last minute online troubles.

Pls guide and advise me.

Sivaquery
United Kingdom

Post by Sivaquery » Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:48 pm

Thanks @ AmazonianX .

Any suggestions regarding my below 2 queries ? Any response in much appreciated.

I have uploaded my Kids' current and old passport, BRPs, Birth Certificate, my spouse's Passport, My wedding certificate, Letter from their school in their section. Is anything more required ?

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:26 am

Sivaquery wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:48 pm
Thanks @ AmazonianX .

Any suggestions regarding my below 2 queries ? Any response in much appreciated.

I have uploaded my Kids' current and old passport, BRPs, Birth Certificate, my spouse's Passport, My wedding certificate, Letter from their school in their section. Is anything more required ?
You section would suffice. The kids aren't scrutinised like that. They get it when you get it.