ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Join family - spouse of critical skills permit holder

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kupuser
Ireland

Join family - spouse of critical skills permit holder

Post by kupuser » Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:21 pm

Hi,

I am currently on stamp 4 (based on critical skills employment permit) and want to apply for my wife (non-EEA) to join me in Ireland.

The online application system gives several options for Non-EEA to pick from the list;
Join family (Non-EEA nat.) (spouse)
Join family (Non-EEA nat.) (de facto partner)
Join family (Non-EEA nat.) (other)
Join family (de facto partner CSEP/HA)

I think based on my status it should be the last option but it does not mention spouse. Can anyone advise which option to select in my case (stamp 4 based on CSEP currently still working on the critical skills job) as I understand the application process time in my case should be 6 months rather than 1 year?
Thanks

meself2
Ireland

Re: Join family - spouse of critical skills permit holder

Post by meself2 » Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:00 pm

kupuser wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:21 pm
Join family (Non-EEA nat.) (spouse)
if you're legally married - I assume this one
last one is for people who aren't married and they have slightly different requirements/docs - https://www.irishimmigration.ie/coming- ... holder-ha/
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

kupuser
Ireland

Post by kupuser » Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:28 am

Thanks.

Yes we are legally married. I thought there would be a separate category for spouses of CSEP (6 month expected processing time rather than 12 months as per the policy) but I suppose they will decide on the contents of the application (will attach my CS work permit etc.).

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:04 am

kupuser wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:28 am
Thanks.

Yes we are legally married. I thought there would be a separate category for spouses of CSEP (6 month expected processing time rather than 12 months as per the policy) but I suppose they will decide on the contents of the application (will attach my CS work permit etc.).
If by processing time you mean waiting period - there's no six month one for CSEP folks, their spouse can join them immediately
processing time should depend on visa timelines, eg
https://www.irishimmigration.ie/visa-decisions/#recent
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

happyj
Mood:
Ireland

Post by happyj » Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:05 pm

kupuser wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:28 am
Thanks.

No just apply via join spouse category. once she arrives in Ireland (via Stamp D visa), then you both will have to go to the BQ office. then they will give you a new stamp (spouse of critical skills - i think its 1G)

kupuser
Ireland

Post by kupuser » Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:48 am

Thanks for this info.