ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiancee Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pagliua
Newly Registered

Fiancee Visa

Post by pagliua » Mon May 23, 2005 10:32 am

Hi Guys,

A quick q. Is it possible for someone to come to the UK just for a holiday on a Fiance visa as in they want to spend time with their fiancee? Or is only usuable if they want to come to the UK and get married here within 6 mths?

Also if my mother in law comes here on holiday (from pakistan) first time visitor. Will it make it possible for my sis in law to visit after, although she is under 25?

Thanks in advance for your answers

Pagliua

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Mon May 23, 2005 12:54 pm

1. Fiance visa is issued on the basis that the couple in question will get married. If such does not occur during its validity then a new one will have to be applied for with reasons given as to why the last time a marriage did not occur. Perhaps a visitor's visa would be more appropriate if you are not yet sure.

2. That her mother has been to the UK is of no relevance to your sister in law travelling to the UK unless she is under 18 i.e. if she is 18-25 no joy as such applicants are not being processed in Pakistan.

pagliua
Newly Registered

Post by pagliua » Mon May 23, 2005 1:39 pm

Kayalami wrote:1. Fiance visa is issued on the basis that the couple in question will get married. If such does not occur during its validity then a new one will have to be applied for with reasons given as to why the last time a marriage did not occur. Perhaps a visitor's visa would be more appropriate if you are not yet sure.
With this point I take it if there is no intention to have the marriage in Britain, then fiancee could visit on a fiancee visa n go back to home country after, for marriage to take place later on?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon May 23, 2005 6:32 pm

When you say "for marriage to take place later on?", what do you mean? Within the six month period of validity of the fiancée visa? Or later than that?

If after six months then I really don't think a fiancée visa is correct at all.
John

pagliua
Newly Registered

Post by pagliua » Tue May 24, 2005 9:24 am

Hi John,

Thanks for your help. Its more the case friend's fiancee wants to come here to visit. They don't intend to marry for a few more years. But as there is no chance of her getting a holiday visa as is under 25 they are toying with idea of applying for fiance visa. Her coming here for 2 months or so. Flying back to Pakistan, then marriage taking place a few years down the line.

I guess fiancee visa isn't really the way to go as if I am right in thinking its only IF you intend to get married in the six month period of being here.

Ta

Pagliua

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue May 24, 2005 9:35 am

Pagliua, on the facts as outlined by you it is clear that an application for a fiancee visa would be distinctly inappropriate. There really does need to be an intention to marry within the six month validity of such a visa.
John

pagliua
Newly Registered

Post by pagliua » Tue May 24, 2005 10:21 am

Thanks John for your help.