ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is there a risk of ILR being cancelled if Citizenship is refused?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

te23
United Kingdom

Is there a risk of ILR being cancelled if Citizenship is refused?

Post by te23 » Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:16 am

If the naturalisation is turned down, what is the likelihood of ILR being cancelled or revoked?

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: Is there a risk of ILR being cancelled if Citizenship is refused?

Post by contorted_svy » Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:33 am

It depends on why it is turned down. If they find out about a crime/serious deception maybe, but otherwise I don't think ILR would be affected by a naturalisation refusal.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:10 am

te23 wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:16 am
If the naturalisation is turned down, what is the likelihood of ILR being cancelled or revoked?
Naturalisation isn't an immigration application (ILR is the last in your journey) - if application is refused you are still with ILR, unless, as said, it's established you obtained ILR fraudulently.

NB. Please post in "British Citizenship" british-citizenship/ for related questions!
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

te23
United Kingdom

Post by te23 » Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:49 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:10 am
te23 wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:16 am
Naturalisation isn't an immigration application (ILR is the last in your journey) - if application is refused you are still with ILR, unless, as said, it's established you obtained ILR fraudulently.

NB. Please post in "British Citizenship" british-citizenship/ for related questions!
Thank you. I did indeed originally post it in that forum. I guess it was moved here for some reason.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:54 am

te23 wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:49 am
Thank you. I did indeed originally post it in that forum. I guess it was moved here for some reason.
You have posted multiple single new topics this morning.

Can you please keep all your questions in your existing topic where you have already been given advice.

british-citizenship/can-i-view-and-subm ... l#p2090846

See also the forum rules on multiple topics/posts.

announcements/multiple-posts-will-be-lo ... t5722.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.