ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How far back do Home Office visa application records go?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

te23
United Kingdom

How far back do Home Office visa application records go?

Post by te23 » Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:42 am

I require information like dates for old applications and thinking of applying for a SAR.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: How far back do Home Office visa application records go?

Post by contorted_svy » Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:43 am

I did a SAR recently and thelast 5 years were covered (not for trips though, they only covered 4 years). Application dates may not be necessary though, the naturalisation form for example specifies "if known".
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:07 am

te23 wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:42 am
I require information like dates for old applications and thinking of applying for a SAR.
If this is for naturalisation then just provide details you have or remember - some data is "if known".
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

te23
United Kingdom

Post by te23 » Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:52 am

contorted_svy wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:43 am
I did a SAR recently and thelast 5 years were covered (not for trips though, they only covered 4 years). Application dates may not be necessary though, the naturalisation form for example specifies "if known".
There was no information at all on older applications (if there were any)?

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:34 pm

Also see this stickie thread that covers the same topic and has some links that may be useful.

Of course the Home Office would only have applications made to the Home Office on their database. If applications were made to other government departments (such as to the DWP, for benefits), that would not be covered by a SAR to the Home Office.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.