ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pay periods vs Monthly Pay

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

freekypoogle
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Pay periods vs Monthly Pay

Post by freekypoogle » Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:47 am

Hi,

This may be a very stupid question, but I can't find anything about it online.
My payday is at the end of every month, however my pay periods now run mid month to mid month, so on the 30th of September I was paid for a pay period of 15th August to 11th September. Originally I was operating under the assumption that because my pay goes in on the 30th, that I could apply for the fiance visa once my February payslip was in (end of February, so I'd be applying start of March), as that will have been 6 months of payslips, however I am wondering now whether this is correct?
Do they look at pay periods, or just the date the pay went in? So, even if my pay period for September was over mid August/September, it was paid in on, and shows on the payslip, that I was paid the 30th of September.
Would this be acceptable/count as 6 months of pay starting from the 30th of September if I applied in February? I also have cash savings that I'm using to count towards this, and that went in on the last week of September (so before my wage on the 30th went in) so I kind of need to know whether they count the pay period, or the actual date of pay.

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Pay periods vs Monthly Pay

Post by Ticktack » Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:26 pm

freekypoogle wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:47 am
Hi,

My payday is at the end of every month, however my pay periods now run mid month to mid month, so on the 30th of September I was paid for a pay period of 15th August to 11th September. Originally I was operating under the assumption that because my pay goes in on the 30th, that I could apply for the fiance visa once my February payslip was in (end of February, so I'd be applying start of March), as that will have been 6 months of payslips, however I am wondering now whether this is correct?
Do they look at pay periods, or just the date the pay went in? So, even if my pay period for September was over mid August/September, it was paid in on, and shows on the payslip, that I was paid the 30th of September.
Would this be acceptable/count as 6 months of pay starting from the 30th of September if I applied in February? I also have cash savings that I'm using to count towards this, and that went in on the last week of September (so before my wage on the 30th went in) so I kind of need to know whether they count the pay period, or the actual date of pay.

There aren't ever any stupid questions, you just need clarity.

Payslips are payslips. Not sure they care if it was for 2 days of the months. Make sure you've worked in your current place of work for over 6 months and have 6 months payslip and bank account to back it up.
The last 6 months to the application date!
Your annual should be around or over the required threshold.

Don't over think it with all the semantics. :lol:
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

freekypoogle
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by freekypoogle » Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:28 pm

Ticktack wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:26 pm
freekypoogle wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:47 am
Hi,

There aren't ever any stupid questions, you just need clarity.

Payslips are payslips. Not sure they care if it was for 2 days of the months. Make sure you've worked in your current place of work for over 6 months and have 6 months payslip and bank account to back it up.
The last 6 months to the application date!
Your annual should be around or over the required threshold.

Don't over think it with all the semantics. :lol:
Thank you so much <3

I definitely need to stop overthinking- I'm a pro at it. Terrible skill to have.

Thank you again, you've really helped me out and I appreciate the quick response!!

Speedbird777
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Speedbird777 » Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:44 pm

I’m also panicking as Im just starting work with a new employer soon full time permenant and it’s above the threshold requirement annual gross however It will be on the 7th Nov and my wife’s FLR M is due to expire on the 3rd of May 2023. In a manner of speaking that is 6 months however does the HO count the exact days because that would make it like 5 months and 26 days or something silly - with the employer. The first payslip would be on the 28th oct so I would think the HO would use common sense to know that the first payslip of employment tends to be a little bit lower than the other months because of start date and payday? What do you think guys

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:20 am

Speedbird777 wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:44 pm
I’m also panicking as Im just starting work with a new employer soon full time permenant and it’s above the threshold requirement annual gross however It will be on the 7th Nov and my wife’s FLR M is due to expire on the 3rd of May 2023. In a manner of speaking that is 6 months however does the HO count the exact days because that would make it like 5 months and 26 days or something silly - with the employer. The first payslip would be on the 28th oct so I would think the HO would use common sense to know that the first payslip of employment tends to be a little bit lower than the other months because of start date and payday? What do you think guys
Not fair to cut and paste your queries on others thread.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!