ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa decision time scale

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MNAS77
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Not meeting Financial Requiremnts for spouse visa

Post by MNAS77 » Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:12 pm

Hi, I want to apply for a spouse visa, and I am wondering if I can apply through a 10 year route as I am not meeting the financial requirements. I am agency worker with fixed hourly rate but due to work shortage I get a few hours cut in a week or sometimes I get the full hours without a cut for the week. I have been told by solicitors I have approached some say I need £9300 for 6 months with payslips, but I will be short 2k if that's the case, I have also been told if I don't meet the financial requirements my spouse will be put on a 10 year route after refusing for 5 years, please someone can help me with this. Thanks so much.

secret.simon

Re: Not meeting Financial Requiremnts for spouse visa

Post by secret.simon » Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:04 pm

To the best of my knowledge, the 10 year route is only an option if the spouse is already resident in the UK on a non-visit visa, so for instance, if they are a student or on a work visa.

It is not an option to sponsor somebody on a spousal visa from the start.
MNAS77 wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:12 pm
I need £9300 for 6 months
If your salary fluctuates, you need to show payslips for the full 12 months, with gross (before tax) earnings of at least £18600.

The £9300 over 6 months is only an option if your salary per month is fixed.

Can you work more hours or do a second job over 12 months and earn the required amount?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

MNAS77
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by MNAS77 » Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:30 pm

Thanks for your reply, if I get another job will I have to show the 6 months payslips for that job to or just 1 or 2 will be enough, and secondly the 10 year route is only for someone living in the UK and doesn't apply for entry clearance. I was told by a solicitor if 5 year route is refused due to financial requirements then they will put her on 10 year route on appealing, so then the solicitor wasn't right

MNAS77
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by MNAS77 » Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:57 pm

Hi

What are the conditions if someone is getting care's allowance, does he needs a part time work or just getting care's allowance on its own is enough to apply for the spouse visa. Please get back asap thanks for your help

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:28 am

I think it’s possible to apply for entry clearance, if there are exceptional circumstances.

If you receive carer’s allowance, then you may require adequate maintenance instead.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:02 am

MNAS77 wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:30 pm
if I get another job will I have to show the 6 months payslips for that job to or just 1 or 2 will be enough
If you get another job, you'd need to show upto 12 months worth of payslips, earning at least £18600 (i.e. you can show fewer than 12 months income if you have earned £18600 in those fewer months).
MNAS77 wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:30 pm
I was told by a solicitor if 5 year route is refused due to financial requirements then they will put her on 10 year route on appealing, so then the solicitor wasn't right
He is correct if the application is being made for further leave to remain while the spouse is already in the UK on an existing non-visit visa. To the best of my knowledge, it does not apply to entry clearance visas made from abroad.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

MNAS77
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by MNAS77 » Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:30 pm

Hi

What if I do a part time job will that include in my present job such as if I work part time for 2 months and make up the 6 months pay £9300 for both jobs, or will I have provide 6 months for the part time job to, please help me out with this question ❓

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Aug 30, 2022 12:50 am

If your income requirements can be met by one job paying a fixed monthly income, you need proof of having earned at least £9,300 within six months.

Else, in any other circumstance (so variable income, second jobs, etc), you need proof of having earned £18600 in 12 months or fewer.

Proof of £9300 is not sufficient for such applications. You need to show documented earnings of £18600 within one year.

Speedbird777
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Speedbird777 » Sat Oct 08, 2022 1:41 am

So for instance if the salary is like 24k per annum and the person starts a job but their first month is like 800 because of payday date- and then second month goes back to being full pay of like 2k per month for 5 more months that would equate to 10,800 over 6 months. Would that be sufficient? And do HOs look at exact days or just count months for instance a start date of the 7th Nov to 3rd May is roughly 5 months and 26 days or so... so if app was submitted on the 3rd would it be refused under CAT A? FLR (m)

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:00 am

Speedbird777 wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 1:41 am
So for instance if the salary is like 24k per annum and the person starts a job but their first month is like 800 because of payday date- and then second month goes back to being full pay of like 2k per month for 5 more months that would equate to 10,800 over 6 months. Would that be sufficient? And do HOs look at exact days or just count months for instance a start date of the 7th Nov to 3rd May is roughly 5 months and 26 days or so... so if app was submitted on the 3rd would it be refused under CAT A? FLR (m)
Please create your own post.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

Speedbird777
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Speedbird777 » Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:05 am

Sorry I don’t know how to or else I would have secondly my topic is relevant to the main topic in the chat so I thought I could ask? I’m very stressed sorry if anyone can help that would be awesome.

MNAS77
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Spouse visa home address differ

Post by MNAS77 » Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:01 pm

Just want to ask a question? I will be applying for a spouse visa but my bank statement show my parents address which I just recently changed to my living address, I used to live with my parents and then moved out 6 months ago but forgot to change the address, will this be a problem when applying for spouse visa or will it be ok, please someone help with this

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa home address differ

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:40 am

MNAS77 wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:01 pm
Just want to ask a question? I will be applying for a spouse visa but my bank statement show my parents address which I just recently changed to my living address, I used to live with my parents and then moved out 6 months ago but forgot to change the address, will this be a problem when applying for spouse visa or will it be ok, please someone help with this
A cover note explaining what you stated should suffice

MNAS77
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Spouse visa decision time scale

Post by MNAS77 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:34 am

Hi

My wife has an appointment for biometric for spouse visa from Pakistan. Can anyone help me on how long will it take to get a decision back. I have been told it take up to 6 months. Please someone get back on this. Thanks so much

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse visa decision time scale

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:50 am

MNAS77 wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:34 am
Hi

My wife has an appointment for biometric for spouse visa from Pakistan. Can anyone help me on how long will it take to get a decision back. I have been told it take up to 6 months. Please someone get back on this. Thanks so much
It can take many many weeks and yes, up to 6 months.

Look at the timelines to get an idea.

immigration-for-family-members/spouse-v ... -1725.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.