ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employment Status In Naturalisation Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shiva570
Newly Registered
India

Employment Status In Naturalisation Application

Post by shiva570 » Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:56 pm

Hello

Good Afternoon

I hope you are doing well.

Recently I was filling out my Naturalisation application, there is a section in the application saying about employment history.

Currently, I am a director and shareholder in the company. but I am not taking any salary. In the application, it is asking for Occupation. Could you please tell me what is occupation I need to describe in the application? What is the supporting evidence I need to submit as part of the application?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks
Sonu

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Employment Status In Naturalisation Application

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:10 pm

I would suggest "Director" is your occupation. A set of the latest company tax return as submitted to HMRC is probably best to include. The application will list what documents will be required.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

humanist100
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by humanist100 » Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:12 am

It clearly says you have to provide PAYE reference or HMRC Self assessment as a director.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:10 am

shiva570 wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:56 pm
Hello

Good Afternoon

I hope you are doing well.

Recently I was filling out my Naturalisation application, there is a section in the application saying about employment history.

Currently, I am a director and shareholder in the company. but I am not taking any salary. In the application, it is asking for Occupation. Could you please tell me what is occupation I need to describe in the application? What is the supporting evidence I need to submit as part of the application?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks
Sonu
Employment is not a requirement for naturalisation.
You won't be required to send any documents to prove your employment.
Describe yourself/ occupation as best as you can. It doesn't really matter at the end of the day.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!