ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child's Birth Certificate - British Passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anub2016
Mood:
United Kingdom

Child's Birth Certificate - British Passport

Post by anub2016 » Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:47 pm

Hi,

I am due to register my newborn soon and will be applying for the child's Passport soon after.

One of the details asked in the Birth Certificate is the Place of Birth of the Mother and Father

Please could you advise if this needs to match exactly as the Place of Birth in my Passport?

Or could it just be the Country where I was born?

Would this have any impact on my child's Passport application?

Many Thanks.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Child's Birth Certificate - British Passport

Post by Ticktack » Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:50 pm

anub2016 wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:47 pm
Hi,

I am due to register my newborn soon and will be applying for the child's Passport soon after.

One of the details asked in the Birth Certificate is the Place of Birth of the Mother and Father

Please could you advise if this needs to match exactly as the Place of Birth in my Passport?

Many Thanks.
The question is place of birth, not country of birth. I'd expect it to match your passport as its always written on passports.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

anub2016
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by anub2016 » Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:09 pm

Ticktack wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:50 pm
anub2016 wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:47 pm
Hi,

Many Thanks.
The question is place of birth, not country of birth. I'd expect it to match your passport as its always written on passports.

Many Thanks.

The Place of Birth on my Passport is in the format City, State e.g. ABC, XYZ

Shall I get it filled exactly the same?

Do I need to get the Country mentioned in brackets after the Place of Birth?

ABC, XYZ (Country)

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:55 pm

City and country (same as on passport) should be enough, but if you want to be extra precise and include the state that's fine too.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

anub2016
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by anub2016 » Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:00 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:55 pm
City and country (same as on passport) should be enough, but if you want to be extra precise and include the state that's fine too.
Thank you.

Its City, State on my Passport. So, I will get it filled exactly the same. Would that be fine?

If I get the Country populated as well, it won't match exactly with the Passport then.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:17 pm

anub2016 wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:00 pm
contorted_svy wrote:
Thank you.

Its City, State on my Passport. So, I will get it filled exactly the same. Would that be fine?Yes

If I get the Country populated as well, it won't match exactly with the Passport then. Not sure why you want to complicate things by overthinking it. The hmpo know their own rules. Country of birth is never written on any passport.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

anub2016
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by anub2016 » Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:29 pm

Ticktack wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:17 pm
anub2016 wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:00 pm
contorted_svy wrote:
Thank you.

Its City, State on my Passport. So, I will get it filled exactly the same. Would that be fine?Yes

If I get the Country populated as well, it won't match exactly with the Passport then. Not sure why you want to complicate things by overthinking it. The hmpo know their own rules. Country of birth is never written on any passport.
Sure, Thanks. I won't get the Country included. I thought it would just add more clarity to the Place of Birth as they may not recognise the place without the country. But they can always look it up and it does not matter I believe.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:59 am

It doesn't matter if they don't know it, as far as it is real and it matches the passport you will be OK. You are not responsible for people at HMPO knowing your town of birth.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.