ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Correction on Naturalisation Certificate

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ash210

Correction on Naturalisation Certificate

Post by ash210 » Sat Oct 08, 2022 12:50 am

Hello,

My wife had her citizenship ceremony on 07/10 and we realised the name on her certificate is incorrect, its the format which is incorrect, her name is first name-ABC and last name-XYZ, the way they have put it on the cert is * ABC XYZ* whereas it should have been ABC *XYZ*.

The application was filled in correctly and her passport shows her name in the correct format.

To give a bit of history about her passport, her Indian passport did not have surname on it and both the first and last names were together on the first name line, all her UK visas since 2005 have been issued in that way but before applying for naturalisation I applied for name correction with Indian embassy and she was issued with a new passport (name corrected) and which is what I had used for her naturalisation.

What needs to be done now? having googled I came across a form RR which has to be sent to Liverpool along with the naturalisation certificate (original) and a copy of passport, I am also thinking of attaching a cover letter explaining what the error is.

Can someone please who has been through this or who knows about this kind of situation please guide me or give more information?

Many thanks.

ash210

Re: Correction on Naturalisation Certificate

Post by ash210 » Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:25 am

Anyone?

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:40 am

It seems you have the right idea, if you have a name deed poll you could send that too to show that is your wife's legal name. The HO estimates it will take around 6 months, but timelines are very unreliable right now.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

ash210

Post by ash210 » Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:18 pm

Thanks,

No we do not have the deed poll and relying on her Indian passport which is one of the accepted form of ID from their list.
6 months OMG, thought the nightmare is over but even after spending thousands of pounds nightmare continues

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:48 pm

By the way this might be useful: https://www.gov.uk/get-replacement-citi ... ertificate I didn't see mention of the RR form (though it is still available on the website). It is worth checking that the form is still in date before you apply!
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

ash210

Post by ash210 » Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:14 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:48 pm
By the way this might be useful: https://www.gov.uk/get-replacement-citi ... ertificate I didn't see mention of the RR form (though it is still available on the website). It is worth checking that the form is still in date before you apply!
Hi,

Yes the form RR is still on the website and valid for correcting a registration or naturalisation certificate
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ertificate

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:23 pm

It could be worth calling the UKVI helpline to get reassurance, as that page isn't linked by the parent page that hosts all related guidance https://www.gov.uk/entering-staying-uk/citizenship

ash210

Post by ash210 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:43 pm

Received the corrected certificate this morning, took exactly 3 weeks which I think was quick.

I had emailed them every week( 3 times in total) to all the 3 emails so maybe they got annoyed and wanted to shut me up :D

Thanks guys, applied for UK passport and hopefully it will be 2-3 more weeks for that and then Indian passport surrender and OCI.

Regards

kubasak
Newly Registered

Post by kubasak » Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:07 pm

ash210 wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:43 pm
Received the corrected certificate this morning, took exactly 3 weeks which I think was quick.

I had emailed them every week( 3 times in total) to all the 3 emails so maybe they got annoyed and wanted to shut me up :D

Thanks guys, applied for UK passport and hopefully it will be 2-3 more weeks for that and then Indian passport surrender and OCI.

Regards

May I know which email Address you sent the emails please ? Thanks