ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Application using IDV App

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hassanemam
Egypt

Re: Naturalisation Application using IDV App

Post by hassanemam » Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:37 pm

Unfortunately not still waiting

Waseem7
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Waseem7 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:12 pm

hassanemam wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:37 pm
Unfortunately not still waiting
Hopefully you will hear soon. please update us with you application progress. I also applied with my wide and daughter via idv app. I received an email for my daughter that she did not attend biometric within 45days. I called UKVICAS and they confirmed that there is no such communication from home office so no action to take re biometrics. reading above posts, I hope this is an automatic reminder in error and we all will hear on our application soon.

Tito1985
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Tito1985 » Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:11 pm

Any updates for your application ?

hassanemam
Egypt

Post by hassanemam » Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:37 am

Unfortunately still waiting; anyone else got a decision

Varya
Newly Registered
Armenia

Post by Varya » Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:51 am

We are also waiting, applied in March as a family. Got an email about biometrics after using the app, booked an appointment in July. Got an email about covid19 delays and no decision so far. It is very worrying. MP didn't answer, complaints team didn't answer, HO team didn't answer. I am not sure what else we could do to get an update.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:59 am

It isn't too worrying that they didn't come back t you, it's been just over 6 months, which is their standard of service. You can write to your MP and ask them to chase up. Applications are very backlogged.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

hassanemam
Egypt

Post by hassanemam » Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:21 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:59 am
It isn't too worrying that they didn't come back t you, it's been just over 6 months, which is their standard of service. You can write to your MP and ask them to chase up. Applications are very backlogged.
I think what is worrying that most people applying in the same time got decisions in two to three months. For me the COVID 19 causing delays does not make sense.

I would rather get an update with transparency more than generic emails telling me that the application is being processed. There is another important issue related to communication and re assuring applicants that is not happening at the moment.

When you call UKVI number you do not get meaningful responses as the people responding are third party.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:09 pm

Every application is different, it's not an indication of the fact that yours is more difficult. People from the same area of the same town applying on the same day experience different waiting times. I agree they should do more to reassure applicants and process applications quicker, but it doesn't mean that you should worry about your application.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

RizKCB
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by RizKCB » Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:57 am

I provided my biometrics through IDV on 07th June 2022 and got missing biometrics related email on 20th July.
Yesterday on 5th Oct, I got an email from the caseworker to pay £80 until 19th to cover the cost of the citizenship ceremony as one of the dependent is now 18 years old while waiting for the application. It looks like, my files are picked for decision now!
On safe side I have already booked free appointment of biometrics in upcoming days for both dependents just in case. However I did not receive any email or advice from HO to book such appointment.
If I get my decision before biometrics, I will cancel the biometrics appointment.

Varya
Newly Registered
Armenia

Post by Varya » Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:48 am

Yes, I totally agree that more transparency would help. After 6 months are over there is no time limit for how long we can wait. Also something needs to be done in terms of confusing messages about biometrics saying if not done the application would be cancelled. I am not sure if anyone is looking into these improvements to be honest. People use the app, then get this message, book appointments which are not needed in fact and consume the capacity of the application centres. Then, other people struggle to get an appointment.

RizKCB
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by RizKCB » Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:15 am

Varya wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:48 am
I am not sure if anyone is looking into these improvements to be honest. People use the app, then get this message, book appointments which are not needed in fact and consume the capacity of the application centres. Then, other people struggle to get an appointment.
In my case it appears £396 for paid service if I opt for any upcoming available slot and Free if I wait for at least 28 days and check everyday morning at 0900 a.m. for any available appointments. Plus any travel costs if appointment is not available in the nearest centre.
Moreover system does not blocks to book an appointment either paid or free even after submission is successfully completed through IDV. In other words, it does not discourage the applicant to get their problem resolved by available resources regardless of who is struggling!

Varya
Newly Registered
Armenia

Post by Varya » Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:10 pm

This is a very valid feedback, I hope they will improve the system to make it impossible to book an appointment when you used app already but also those notifications have been causing confusion for months and months. I don't know why it was not still fixed.

danishpastry
Newly Registered
Mood:
European Union

Post by danishpastry » Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:37 am

Hi, has anyone received an update on their citizenship outcome?

I'm going through more or less the exact same situation, except this is a solo application, so just submitted it for myself.

I sent in my evidence on the 24th July and then received the Home Office Atlas email on the 24th August. I immediately phoned both UKVI, who said that this likely to be a mistake email, and they had loads of phone calls coming in about this but I needed to confirm with UKVCAS to be sure. UKVCAS confirmed that it was sent out in error and that I should just ignore it.

My mum applied separately for citizenship and didn't receive a mistake email, and got her application approved in just 9 weeks. I'm now 12 weeks in. The reason why I'm keen on hearing about timings is because I received a job offer that is dependent on me getting my citizenship so just wanted to see how everyone else's applications are moving on... Thanks and good luck everyone

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:50 am

There is a thread with timelines in this sub-board. Many people have been receiving that email, and UKVCAS confirmed that all was good. 12 weeks is still within the service standard of the HO, so it's a bit early for a follow up. Other people may have very different timelines that are not necessarily an indication of how complicated the case was, the HO has a huge backlog. Could you talk to your prospective employer and explain your decision is pending? Could it be a possibility that you delay your start date until you receive the outcome?

danishpastry
Newly Registered
Mood:
European Union

Post by danishpastry » Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:09 am

contorted_svy wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:50 am
There is a thread with timelines in this sub-board. Many people have been receiving that email, and UKVCAS confirmed that all was good. 12 weeks is still within the service standard of the HO, so it's a bit early for a follow up. Other people may have very different timelines that are not necessarily an indication of how complicated the case was, the HO has a huge backlog. Could you talk to your prospective employer and explain your decision is pending? Could it be a possibility that you delay your start date until you receive the outcome?
Apologies, was keen on hearing timelines on those who also had the mistake email, just to hear what people's experiences have been and see what the wait time has been on average. Not complaining about being 12 weeks in, was just sharing my experience. Thanks.

hassanemam
Egypt

Post by hassanemam » Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:39 am

danishpastry wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:09 am
contorted_svy wrote:
Apologies, was keen on hearing timelines on those who also had the mistake email, just to hear what people's experiences have been and see what the wait time has been on average. Not complaining about being 12 weeks in, was just sharing my experience. Thanks.
There is nothing you should apologies about. In reality I have been waiting for almost 7 months and no decision. The only response that I get back are automated responses from UKVI that my application are pending enquiries. The only case I know about that was successful which is mentioned in this thread, he actually applied for Biometrics in person after the receipt of the email. Apart from that I haven't heard anything

Varya
Newly Registered
Armenia

Post by Varya » Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:11 am

It is almost 7 months for us too and no news. My colleague applied in May, received an error message in July, she didn't book an appointment and got her approval in August. But I am wondering how is this possible that some enquiries can be pending for months and even for years?

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:13 am

danishpastry wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:09 am
contorted_svy wrote:
Nothing to apologise about - we are all here to share our own experiences. Unfortunately there is very little that we can predict at the moment. It's a stressful place to be in - but there is very little to do except waiting and hoping in a positive resolution.

danishpastry
Newly Registered
Mood:
European Union

Post by danishpastry » Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:53 am

Thanks all for sharing your updates. Horrible position that some of you are in, having to wait 7 months+ without hearing an update. Hoping it gets resolved sooner rather than later. Weird also reading in the other forum that some people's applications are moving as quickly as 4 weeks... The timelines do not make any sense, that some are able to move much, much quicker than others.

I'll keep posted if mine moves forward or not...

RizKCB
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by RizKCB » Tue Oct 18, 2022 3:58 pm

Date of application: 26/05/2022
IDV app invitation received: 31/05/2022
Biometric submitted through IDV: 07/06/2022
Missing biometrics: email for 2 x dependents(minors) received: 20/07/2022

I contacted to different emails and through DM on Twitter but I was advised to wait unless any further request from HO is received to attend biometric appointments.

Date of receipt of approval: No Letter/Email Received
Date of receipt of ceremony letter: 18/10/2022
Citizenship ceremony date: 01/11/2022

On safe side I already booked free appointments for Biometrics which I will cancel now.
Best of luck to everyone waiting because of that single IDV erroneous email.

danishpastry
Newly Registered
Mood:
European Union

Post by danishpastry » Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:18 pm

Eligibility criteria: 17 years living in the UK + ILR
Nationality: EU & Commonwealth (I was already dual national)
Method of application: Online
Payment method: Online
Date of application: 10/07/2022
Date of debit of fees: 10/07/2022
Date of UKVCAS acknowledgement: 10/07/2022
Date of Biometric App Invite: 18/07/2022, @4:00pm
Uploaded supporting documents: 23/07/2022
Date Biometrics enrolled: 23/07/2022 via the app
Date of HO Error Biometric Email: 24/08/2022
The date on Approval letter/Email: 24/10/2022 @12:10pm
Date of receipt of ceremony letter: 21/10/2022
Citizenship ceremony date: 13/12/2022

Looks like the error email hasn't affected the timing of my application outcome or timeline. Been a bit of a rollercoaster, as I received an email from Home Office Atlas in August, about a month after submitting my application and biometrics via the UKVCAS app, stating that I had failed to book a biometric appointment. I got in touch with UKVI via their general enquiries helpline who said that many people are receiving this email in error, and to confirm if it's an error it's best to confirm with UKVCAS to see if Home Office had been in touch with them to say that they still need my biometrics. Got in touch with UKVCAS and they confirmed that UKVI hadn't been in touch

I also confirmed again via UKVCAS Twitter back in September asking whether they needed my biometrics but they wrote back to say that UKVI hadn't been in touch about my case.

Best of luck everyone who is still waiting - I was very lucky to hear back in 3 months, but I can't imagine how frustrating it must be for those who have been waiting for over 6 months.

uzair286
England

Post by uzair286 » Thu Nov 03, 2022 12:41 pm

hello hassanemem have you received any updates from HO regarding your naturalization.

hassanemam
Egypt

Post by hassanemam » Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:22 pm

Personally I have not got a decision. The only feedback I get that it is delayed.

Tito1985
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Tito1985 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:53 pm

Have you got any updates mate ?

uzair286
England

Post by uzair286 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:06 am

still waiting nearly 6 months passed and no updates