ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child visa extension 5 year family route

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sam0015
Newly Registered
India

Child visa extension 5 year family route

Post by sam0015 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:16 pm

Hi members,

A bit of background - My daughter leave to enter visa expired Nov 2021. We applied for MN1 (at state secretary discretion) to register as British National in August 2021. We got a rejection on the 24th August 2022 (1 year and 7 days after). I am British and my wife is on second leg of 5 years family route.

I have now applied for my daughter's visa extension (5 year family route) FLM on the 4th of September 2022 yet to get a decision ( today's date 10/10).

The ask is from members here, what are the challenges I may face with this application, if at all? Could this 1 year and 7 days be counted as overstaying?

Thank you in Advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Child visa extension 5 year family route

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:25 pm

Yes, the child is an overstayer form when her last visa expired. MN1 is not an immigration application so does not provide any section 3C protection once a visa expires.

A child born abroad follows the same immigration route as the parent who holds a visa and applies for ilr first with the other parent before they can apply for citizenship.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sam0015
Newly Registered
India

Post by sam0015 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:31 pm

Thank you CR001,

Is there a risk that her extension will be refused?

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:45 pm

Probably not.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sam0015
Newly Registered
India

Post by sam0015 » Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:38 pm

TU CR001,
Only thing to do right now is wait.

sam0015
Newly Registered
India

Post by sam0015 » Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:06 pm

Hello all,

Visa decision is still pending and past the 8 weeks SLA. My MP called the homeoffice in 2 occasion and provided quoting the application reference number. The homeoffice have updated that the application is in progress and it would take about 11 months for a decision and there is no SLA for this application. Need some input here please. What should I go and ask the MP to call again? I am confused why homeoffice have mentioned 11 months and there is no SLA for this type of application. As per homeoffice it is 8 weeks. Any comments would help.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Nov 05, 2022 12:37 am

There isn't an SLA for any visa application, just broad guidelines.

The fact that your daughter was an overstayer for a while and had a refused MN1 application in the meanwhile could mean that any subsequent application, such as her current visa application, may take longer than a conventional in-time application, may be dealt with by a different team or at a higher level of the Home Office, may have different checks carried out, etc.

These are just guesses, as the Home Office is a closed black box. But your daughter's out of time application won't be treated as a standard application.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Nov 05, 2022 1:30 am

sam0015 wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:06 pm
Hello all,

Visa decision is still pending and past the 8 weeks SLA. My MP called the homeoffice in 2 occasion and provided quoting the application reference number. The homeoffice have updated that the application is in progress and it would take about 11 months for a decision and there is no SLA for this application. Need some input here please. What should I go and ask the MP to call again? I am confused why homeoffice have mentioned 11 months and there is no SLA for this type of application. As per homeoffice it is 8 weeks. Any comments would help.
Do remember child was an overstayer during a period. If the MP already told that it will take certain times, then keep hope alive.