ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mother in Law visitor Visa22

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

challenge
Mood:
India

Mother in Law visitor Visa22

Post by challenge » Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:51 pm

Good Evening,

I am planning to apply for my mother in law's visitor visa to visit us here in UK.
I will be paying for everything tickets, stay, day to day expense etc. I have ILR and am homeowner.

She is widow with one of regular income from government scheme for widows (around £15/month) and unfortunatley its not deposited in bank but old style where she visits local post office signs a register and gets paid cash.

She has 3 daughters and lives with second daughter (who herself is widow) and 2 grandchildren.
She does visit her First/Eldest daughter & grandkids every few weeks as they are based locally.
After our marriage she hasn't seen her youngest daughter (my wife) for almost 4 years and never seen her grandson who is now 3/British.

Mother in law does own a plot of agricultural land and house. Agricultural land provides variable regular income as it's rented for cultivation but paper work is almost non existent.

I am struggling with what papers/proof to include showing her ties and reason for returning back home. On her finance side the fact is I will be spending all the money she wont be spending a penny or rupee.

Please share your experience of what can be added to application to increase chances of success. She is 60+ ( healthy and active) and most probably this will be her first and only visit to UK.

Many thanks

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Mother in Law visitor Visa22

Post by Ticktack » Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:11 am

challenge wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:51 pm
Good Evening,

I am planning to apply for my mother in law's visitor visa to visit us here in UK.
I will be paying for everything tickets, stay, day to day expense etc. I have ILR and am homeowner.

She is widow with one of regular income from government scheme for widows (around £15/month) and unfortunatley its not deposited in bank but old style where she visits local post office signs a register and gets paid cash.

She has 3 daughters and lives with second daughter (who herself is widow) and 2 grandchildren.
She does visit her First/Eldest daughter & grandkids every few weeks as they are based locally.
After our marriage she hasn't seen her youngest daughter (my wife) for almost 4 years and never seen her grandson who is now 3/British.

Mother in law does own a plot of agricultural land and house. Agricultural land provides variable regular income as it's rented for cultivation but paper work is almost non existent.

I am struggling with what papers/proof to include showing her ties and reason for returning back home. On her finance side the fact is I will be spending all the money she wont be spending a penny or rupee.

Please share your experience of what can be added to application to increase chances of success. She is 60+ ( healthy and active) and most probably this will be her first and only visit to UK.

Many thanks
It's a very difficult one.

Has she ever left India before?

The general ECO thinking would be that if you need to see her so badly, then you might as well travel down to India yourself.

You've painted a very detailed picture of her socio-economic status. It doesn't look colourful but all hope isn't lost.
I'm an optimistic person and my advise is that if you do intend to still go ahead with the application, you've got to throw everything at it.

Your 6 months bank statements and payslips.
Your spouse 6 months bank statements and payslips.
Your utility bill showing residence.
You and your spouse immigration status.
Letter from yourself and your spouse detailing about covering all expenses.

Her sister can add pictures of her 2nd daughter and grandchildren that she lives with.

Make sure the holiday never exceeds 10 days to 14 days (2 weeks). Anything more than that all the flags are raised.

If you and your spouse earn well above the minimum wage, then you might have a chance./

Keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

challenge
Mood:
India

Post by challenge » Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:48 am

Many thanks for your reply,

"You've painted a very detailed picture of her socio-economic status. It doesn't look colourful but all hope isn't lost" : TBH its not that bad but to prove that on papers is very difficult. Unfortunately thats how it is in small indian villages. for ex: The house she lives in belongs to her but on papers its still under her Dads name, who has expired years ago but no one manage/bothered to sort it out so is the case with agricultural land. :cry:

"Has she ever left India before?": yes to middle east around 2 years back.

I am self employed and can show a decent bank statement with £35k+ balance.
wife is not working anymore after our sons birth.
Utility bills are on our name and as mentioned we are homeowners.
Letter from yourself and your spouse detailing about covering all expenses: this will be done
You and your spouse immigration status: I have ILR and wife is due for ILR early next year.
Her sister can add pictures of her 2nd daughter and grandchildren that she lives with: this will be done.
Make sure the holiday never exceeds 10 days to 14 days (2 weeks). Anything more than that all the flags are raised: will do.

"The general ECO thinking would be that if you need to see her so badly, then you might as well travel down to India yourself." :
this is due to circumstances, I am running a small customer focused business. I myself havent travelled for last almost 5 years for this reason.
Our son is due to start his nursery soon and ever since he was born pandemic made it risky to travel. It makes sense financially for one person (her) to do international travel instead of 3 (us) even with all her expenses it will be cheaper than cost of 3 tickets. She had a difficult life and wife wants to give her one amazing stress free holiday, we all want that for our parents.

And finally it will be less disruptive for her to travel to UK then for us to travel to India (my work/business, sons nursery and wifes ILR due early next year)

Please add further views/opinions

Thanks

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:19 am

challenge wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:48 am
Many thanks for your reply,

"You've painted a very detailed picture of her socio-economic status. It doesn't look colourful but all hope isn't lost" : TBH its not that bad but to prove that on papers is very difficult. Unfortunately thats how it is in small indian villages. for ex: The house she lives in belongs to her but on papers its still under her Dads name, who has expired years ago but no one manage/bothered to sort it out so is the case with agricultural land. :cry: Has she got a death certificate for her late husband. If she does, then she can add the papers as it would show it belongs to her. She would be asked about her marital status anyways on the form ,so no escaping that declaration.

"Has she ever left India before?": yes to middle east around 2 years back.Okayish, but that doesn't carry too much weight. But it's not the end of the world. The UK unlike the USA don't worry too much about travel experience, it just helps.

I am self employed and can show a decent bank statement with £35k+ balance. That's a decent amount. It shows that you can decide to play around with £3k for her trip.
wife is not working anymore after our sons birth.
Utility bills are on our name and as mentioned we are homeowners.
Letter from yourself and your spouse detailing about covering all expenses: this will be done
You and your spouse immigration status: I have ILR and wife is due for ILR early next year.Decent
Her sister can add pictures of her 2nd daughter and grandchildren that she lives with: this will be done. It would be nice if the picture is taking as a group photo. One big happy family!
Make sure the holiday never exceeds 10 days to 14 days (2 weeks). Anything more than that all the flags are raised: will do. Once you get past the 1st visit, next time you can do 6 weeks or 2-3 months.

"The general ECO thinking would be that if you need to see her so badly, then you might as well travel down to India yourself." :
this is due to circumstances, I am running a small customer focused business. I myself havent travelled for last almost 5 years for this reason. I understand, just stating how they think sometimes.
Our son is due to start his nursery soon and ever since he was born pandemic made it risky to travel. It makes sense financially for one person (her) to do international travel instead of 3 (us) even with all her expenses it will be cheaper than cost of 3 tickets. She had a difficult life and wife wants to give her one amazing stress free holiday, we all want that for our parents.

And finally it will be less disruptive for her to travel to UK then for us to travel to India (my work/business, sons nursery and wifes ILR due early next year) Your wife needs to say all that in her letter. Let the letter talk directly to the ECO. You have one good chance at this, make it count and throw everything at it.

Please add further views/opinions

Thanks
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!