ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp 3 to Stamp 2 College Fees

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mellowmeadow
Newly Registered
Ireland

Stamp 3 to Stamp 2 College Fees

Post by mellowmeadow » Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:54 pm

Hello all,
I am a stamp 3 dependent of my parent and I have a query that I can't find the answer to.
I have been assessed as EU fees for college because of residency (live in an EU country for at least 3 of the past 5 years and my parent has to be tax resident for 3 of past 5 years)
I have started on stamp 3 then I asked if I changed to stamp 2 would that affect my fee status (from EU fees to international)
The admissions officer said they haven't come across that situation before and would need to know what Act it would come under.
Does anyone know or have any experience related to this?

meself2
Ireland

Re: Stamp 3 to Stamp 2 College Fees

Post by meself2 » Wed Oct 12, 2022 12:02 am

had something similar with one of the Dublin colleges (stamp 4 -> stamp 2); as I was already in process of doing degree, sent INIS all needed documents (statement of result was given by default, had to ask for a letter that said I paid the money, but didnt specify the reason, just said "give letter please" and insurance etc)

I did ask international office in college and they said, quote,
3) In an event of me getting a different permission, would I be able to study?

Yes but your fee may change. Again, this would be a matter for the fees office.
so maybe ask your fees office folks?

I was able to get stamp 4 back during Sept so I'm not sure if I was even impacted by that but they never once asked me to confirm/update my immigration status and kept me paying EU fees
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Wed Oct 12, 2022 12:12 am

on the contrary, found this while looking at the data online:
https://ulsites.ul.ie/finance/sites/def ... 040517.pdf

I'm afraid your uni might be the only one capable to answer that correctly.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

mellowmeadow
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by mellowmeadow » Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:10 am

meself2 wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 12:12 am

Were you paying Irish fees, EU fees or international to begin with? When you changed stamps did you have to get private health insurance and prove finance etc?
I asked the international office and they said I "may" have to pay full international fees if I change stamps and that I should ask the fees officer. I asked the fees officer and they said they never came across it and that I should ask my immigration officer what Immigration Act it would come under. That part confuses me because those Acts are only mentioned for Irish Free fees (eg: Refugee Act)
In regards to the fee diagram, it seems every uni has a slightly different version. Some mention stamp 2 and some don't. Mine doesn't but they don't know how to proceed

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:29 am

mellowmeadow wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:10 am
meself2 wrote:

Were you paying Irish fees, EU fees or international to begin with? When you changed stamps did you have to get private health insurance and prove finance etc?
I asked the international office and they said I "may" have to pay full international fees if I change stamps and that I should ask the fees officer. I asked the fees officer and they said they never came across it and that I should ask my immigration officer what Immigration Act it would come under. That part confuses me because those Acts are only mentioned for Irish Free fees (eg: Refugee Act)
In regards to the fee diagram, it seems every uni has a slightly different version. Some mention stamp 2 and some don't. Mine doesn't but they don't know how to proceed
Paid EU fees all along for same reason as yours (got fee assessed at the start of the course by college, they gave me a document saying EU fees).
Did have to get insurance, but it was a condition on my previous stamp anyway. Wasn't asked to prove funds, but it might be because I had to switch during the studies and had a letter from ISD saying "yes you can be granted stamp 2 till September", basically.

mellowmeadow
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by mellowmeadow » Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:47 am

meself2 wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:29 am
mellowmeadow wrote:
meself2 wrote:

Paid EU fees all along for same reason as yours (got fee assessed at the start of the course by college, they gave me a document saying EU fees).
Did have to get insurance, but it was a condition on my previous stamp anyway. Wasn't asked to prove funds, but it might be because I had to switch during the studies and had a letter from ISD saying "yes you can be granted stamp 2 till September", basically.
Thanks for the info, can I also ask whether you changed to stamp 2 at the start of the academic year (August/September) or can you change stamps at any time (December, for example)

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:54 am

mellowmeadow wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:47 am
meself2 wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:29 am
mellowmeadow wrote:
meself2 wrote:

Thanks for the info, can I also ask whether you changed to stamp 2 at the start of the academic year (August/September) or can you change stamps at any time (December, for example)
I wasn't able to prolong my Stamp 4 before May, wrote a lot of emails - no response. Wrote them a snail mail letter to unit 1 (or whichever is responsible for student permission) in Burgh Quay saying "I can't prolong my permission, can I swap to Stamp 2 on the basis of my current course which is almost over?"
they said yes, as an exceptional measure we will allow it and gave me Stamp 2 in early May, when I was finishing up my study year, until Sept 15th with expectation that I'll just reapply via online system to renew it when I'll progress to next year

so theoretically you can do it all year long (but will be curtailed till September anyway), but you might have to persuade them you really need it