ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Priority Delay and No Response

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ns1106
Newly Registered
India

ILR Priority Delay and No Response

Post by ns1106 » Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:11 pm

Hi. I submitted my biometrics on 16th Sept for ILR Set O as paid for Priority Service. Ever since I have had NO RESPONSE whatsoever and it has been almost a month. Its a straightforward Tier 2 5 Yr route and no dependants. I have filled the online complaint for and tried escalating. Still nothing. Any ideas? People seem to be getting priority responses within the 5 days so no idea why I have had radio silence from them.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: ILR Priority Delay and No Response

Post by contorted_svy » Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:42 pm

Have you checked your spam folder for emails, and have you escalated through your MP? There is at least another member (that I am aware of) in a similar situation as you.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

ns1106
Newly Registered
India

Post by ns1106 » Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:05 pm

I have checked SOAM/JUNK folders. Nothing in there. I have also emailed MP a couple of days ago but haven't heard back yet. I am aware of a couple of people in a similar situation too. Just seems so strange as we have had no response whatsoever but some people are getting responses within a couple of days on Priority.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:16 pm

Timelines are all over the place at the moment, though it isn't great that people that paid for priority service have to wait for this long.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:01 pm

ns1106 wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:11 pm
Hi. I submitted my biometrics on 16th Sept for ILR Set O as paid for Priority Service. Ever since I have had NO RESPONSE whatsoever and it has been almost a month. Its a straightforward Tier 2 5 Yr route and no dependants. I have filled the online complaint for and tried escalating. Still nothing. Any ideas? People seem to be getting priority responses within the 5 days so no idea why I have had radio silence from them.
You have already seen the response to this before.

I applied for a priority visa service and I am still waiting for a response. What is happening  ?

The priority service has no guarantees. Your application is UNIQUE. Because others are getting a fast response does not mean anything about YOUR application. You also do not get to determine if your application is straightforward or not. This is not up to you but up to the UKVI. A standard ILR application typically can take between 8 weeks to 6 months. Wait to hear back
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ns1106
Newly Registered
India

Post by ns1106 » Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:30 pm

Zimba wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:01 pm
ns1106 wrote:

I applied for a priority visa service and I am still waiting for a response. What is happening  ?

The priority service has no guarantees. Your application is UNIQUE. Because others are getting a fast response does not mean anything about YOUR application. You also do not get to determine if your application is straightforward or not. This is not up to you but up to the UKVI. A standard ILR application typically can take between 8 weeks to 6 months. Wait to hear back
Do they not tend to reach out via email to notify the applicant if the application is complex and they can't not achieve the priority timescales? I have heard nothing and hence why I am getting worried.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Oct 12, 2022 11:24 pm

No, they do not. No need to worry.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:04 am

ns1106 wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:30 pm
Zimba wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:01 pm
ns1106 wrote:

Do they not tend to reach out via email to notify the applicant if the application is complex and they can't not achieve the priority timescales? I have heard nothing and hence why I am getting worried.
They do usually but sometimes some applicants do not get to hear update.