ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa for 2nd wife, after divorcing 1st

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

fiqbal

Visa for 2nd wife, after divorcing 1st

Post by fiqbal » Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:45 am

Hi
I need some advice I am going to apply for a spouse visa for my second wife here is my background .
Married in UK 2009 and divorce in June 2016
Remarried in pakistan Feb 2016 only nikkah and registered my marriage October 2016 that's the date on my marriage certificate .
I have got 2 sons they had right of abode certificate of entitlement one is born in December 2016 and other is 2020.
My issue is that my marriage date and sons date of birth is very close if I am going to apply spouse visa it's can be a big problem .
When I apply for my kids certificate of entitlement I provide divorce and marriage certificate no issue with that .
Can you guys tell me if there is any issue to applying for spouse visa .

fiqbal

Re: Visa for 2nd wife, after divorcing 1st

Post by fiqbal » Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:52 am

Please any body can advice

fiqbal

Post by fiqbal » Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:44 am

Any moderator please reply

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:42 am

I don't think that a spousal visa application would be an issue.

Keep in mind that the processing for the CoE-RoA for your children and a spousal visa for your second wife will be completely different.

Children can inherit British citizenship even from unmarried British fathers (provided that their mother was not married to somebody else at the time of their birth). So, even if you were not married to their mother (your second wife) at the time of their birth, they would have been eligible for a CoE-RoA anyway.
fiqbal wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:45 am
My issue is that my marriage date and sons date of birth is very close if I am going to apply spouse visa it's can be a big problem .
Not a problem. More children born in the UK are born to unmarried partners than to married partners. So the co-relation of births and marriage dates don't matter for most purposes (they do for some non-immigration related stuff, like descent of noble titles, etc).

PS: Keep in mind that the members and moderators of these forums are unpaid volunteers who advise based on their personal experience or experience of others posted on these forums. There is no point in bumping the thread up within minutes and hours of the original post. Wait for a couple of days before posting another post, if your original query has not been answered yet.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Sharon_bee
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Sharon_bee » Thu Oct 13, 2022 12:38 pm

fiqbal wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:45 am
Hi
I need some advice I am going to apply for a spouse visa for my second wife here is my background .
Married in UK 2009 and divorce in June 2016
Remarried in pakistan Feb 2016 only nikkah and registered my marriage October 2016 that's the date on my marriage certificate .
I have got 2 sons they had right of abode certificate of entitlement one is born in December 2016 and other is 2020.
When I apply for my kids certificate of entitlement I provide divorce and marriage certificate no issue with that .
Can you guys tell me if there is any issue to applying for spouse visa .
If ive read right, Did you divorce your wife after you remarried? If so, Spouse visa will be refused

Sharon_bee
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Sharon_bee » Thu Oct 13, 2022 12:40 pm

If youve registered the marriage date in October 2016 then there should be no problem

fiqbal

Post by fiqbal » Thu Oct 13, 2022 1:33 pm

Thank you for your advice .I be carefull next time

fiqbal

Post by fiqbal » Thu Oct 13, 2022 1:35 pm

Yes I regester my marriage date in October

sam550
United Kingdom

Post by sam550 » Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:55 pm

I think you shouldn’t mention Feb 2016 date any where at all.