ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Strange Circumstances....calling all seniors and moderators

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

wazee89

Strange Circumstances....calling all seniors and moderators

Post by wazee89 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:19 am

Hope you are in the best state of health.

I am in a strange situation and i strongly believe that you can help me with this considering your profound experience. I had applied for HSMP in September 2006 ( outside UK) through an agent. The agent took my passport, case fee and told me that he would get me a visa in 18 days time as he claimed to have close contacts with the home office in UK. He is quite a famous person in the country and has big offices across the country. But 18 days never ended and i was handed over a refusal ( from HO) after 3 and a half months. The refusal statement contained these words:

We have been unable to verify documents supporting this application. The documents we were unable to verify were the references and pay statements provided by XYZ ( employer).

The fraudster agent never told me until i lost the time to appeal against it. I believe that the HO never contacted my employer because how can my employer refuse to admit that i worked there. Because the employer is a joint partnership and not a company so i think that could be the reason of refusing this without even contacting my employer. I lost around 4000 pound ( my lifetime saving) yet i mustered up my courage and applied for a student Visa after getting a scholarship. i got a student Visa straightway without any problems. i have to apply for my tier 1 general next month while in UK. I have read that if your application is ever refused on the basis of forged / misinterpretation of documents, then the fresh application is automatically rejected. Because they have not said in their statement that the docs were forged rather they were unable to verify it.............dont know if they meant forged docs.......

Now the problem is this, that when i 'd apply for this, HO would eventually retrieve all the details and i am scared of a refusal. Though its not my fault but don't know how to deal with this. I hope you can come up to help me as i am terribly depressed.

Looking anxiously for your help.............

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:25 pm

YOU have to bear burnt of agents action as principle , you have authorised agent to work on yr behalf

hard luck but still u can take chance by expalning facts and providing correct documents

wazee89

Post by wazee89 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:36 pm

does it means that these lines mean false documentation? what if i apply for PSW?

dnicky
Member of Standing

Post by dnicky » Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:21 pm

does it means that these lines mean false documentation?
not necessarily.

In my opinion you should still apply for Tier 1 and hope for the best.

sri_sunny

Post by sri_sunny » Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:26 pm

If u were successfully given a student visa after hsmp refusal, then most likely you do not have any adverse history pending with HO. Would suggest u to go ahead with new application keeping in mind your past experiences.

wazee89

Post by wazee89 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:36 pm

Should i send a clarification letter as a preemptive move alongwith the application?

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:43 pm

Truth and right explanation have always weight

wazee89

Post by wazee89 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:31 pm

Sushil-ACCA wrote:Truth and right explanation have always weight
does it mean that i must write the explanation and attach it with the cover letter....coz if i not they would simply refuse the application?

If i am applying with the same documents and the same employer...doesnt it show my truth. What i think that they could not access the employer.

I have heard that if one pays 300 pounds, he can retrieve the HO verification if declined. is it so?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:45 pm

wazee89 wrote:
Sushil-ACCA wrote:Truth and right explanation have always weight
does it mean that i must write the explanation and attach it with the cover letter....coz if i not they would simply refuse the application?

If i am applying with the same documents and the same employer...doesnt it show my truth. What i think that they could not access the employer.

I have heard that if one pays 300 pounds, he can retrieve the HO verification if declined. is it so?
Do not write a letter of explanation as that only invites the caseworker to consider there might be a problem. Carry on with the application as you do not have issues in regards false documentation. If you had you would not have got the student visa.

wazee89

Post by wazee89 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:29 pm

Do not write a letter of explanation as that only invites the caseworker to consider there might be a problem. Carry on with the application as you do not have issues in regards false documentation. If you had you would not have got the student visa.
[/quote]

I am also thinking in the same lines. One more thing what if they refuse my case straight away on the basis of previous experience with HO. Does it also wipe away my chance of appealing against it so that i can explain it later...?

I am all set to apply on 1st december. Hope all guys pray for me.

Regards

paperwork

Post by paperwork » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:26 pm

I was in a similar situation. I got a refusal from the HO on FLR (workpermit) which got sorted after exit from UK. Later on coming to the Home country I applied for a visitor vsia for a year. I got a refusal with some vague reasons of no funds and all that. I went back to the Consulate and all they asked me was, The reason for the refusal stamp on my Passport. I explained the circumstances and I was issued the visitor Visa for a year.

SO the questions is
Do you have a refusal stamp on your Passport?
And Is the refusal for the Entry Clearance or the HSMP?

If not then it shouldn't be a problem.

Later when I applied for a visa I do make a short statement why got a refusal on my visa (EC) and FLR.

So it might be easier to get away, if the passport doesn't show any record of the past.

But I would suggesst, if there is a column saying anything about refusal on 'VISA', do mention about it and also attach the copy of the refusal. I dont think you have to give in the whole explanation. But it seems you were refused HSMP and not VISA which seems two different issues. discuss with Immigration Advisory Service. Find the number which suits ur location from www.iasuk.org

Good luck with your case.
Cheers!

jei2
Member of Standing

Post by jei2 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:32 pm

The fact that you were granted a student visa after a refusal indicates that you've proven your integrity in immigration matters.

If you're specifically asked now about previous refusals you should declare them as advised above, no matter how far back they go and even if the refusal was followed by a successful application later on.

By doing so you'll save yourself a lot of tears and "if onlys" later on.
Oh, the drama...!

wazee89

Post by wazee89 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:26 pm

Well, there is no refusal on my passport. I am attaching the same docs, i attached earlier except that i have completed my masters degree straight away. I was so scared that i was thinking of not applying for Tier 1 and was rather planning to apply for PGW as in that case i just have to furnish my degree and nothing else.

But honestly i am very much relieved with the support , forum members ar giving to me. Reason for applying HSMP is that i have got a job offer from IBM in case i get an HSMP.

Finally, What if i dont fill in the ''Reference No'' of previous application?

jei2
Member of Standing

Post by jei2 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:37 am

wazee89 wrote:Well, there is no refusal on my passport.
Your passport? Have you ever seen a SAR file? The refusal will be on record.
wazee89 wrote:
Finally, What if i dont fill in the ''Reference No'' of previous application?
Well if you like lots of tears and "if onlys"...

You're in a good position. Don't blow it by doing something stupid.
Oh, the drama...!

wazee89

Post by wazee89 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:50 pm

you are right.....i should go along as a normal applicant and wait if they ask me any clarification....if they do, i 'll explain to them.

I hope u agree with it