ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank account requirement for Citizenship application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

felipps2022
Newly Registered
South Africa

Bank account requirement for Citizenship application

Post by felipps2022 » Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:21 pm

Hello All,

I might be eligible to apply for Citizenship by by naturalisation in the next 1.5 years as graduate Stamp 1G is also being counted towards reckanable residence. I checked the documents required and can see now they use point based system.

The problem I am facing is, they ask for "Current account" bank statement. I just checked mine, it is on "Graduate" account on AIB. I called AIB to check this and ask about converting it to a current account. The Agent said there is no advantage for me to move to current account now and as its in graduate account, I am still getting all the bank fee waived. He said my account might get converted to Current account automatically next year. According to the agent, my bank account was in "Student Plus" (Since I started as a masters student in Ireland )for 3-4 years and then it automatically got converted to Graduate account now.

TBH, I never really thought about my bank account till today as I checked the required documents on immigration website. I get my salary on the account, I use my cards for daily expenses etc.

Does someone have any experience on this? Should I contact immigration helpdesk to get a clarity on this as 1G has been recently showed as it count to citizenship?

Thanks

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Re: Bank account requirement for Citizenship application

Post by mentalmind » Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:24 pm

Current account is where you lodge and spend your daily money. Having students account or basic account is same as having current account.

You need to provide your financial transactions from an Irish Bank for 6 months in a year. You can just print out the statements from AIB.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:33 pm

If that's the account you use daily, use it. As mentalmind said, it's not the type specifically. I sent off my student account printouts and think it should be fine, for example.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:55 pm

You have a current account. The name being student plus or graduate is irrelevant and does not affect your application whatsoever. AIB usually gives all third level students a 4-5 year student plus account followed by 2-3 years of graduate account.

nisi
Ireland

Post by nisi » Sat Oct 15, 2022 11:09 pm

The name of the account isn't the relevant part. "Current account" is a type of bank account, distinguished from other types of account such as a "savings account". The "graduate" account you describe is a current account