ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Children PBS dependent validity

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dikayudha8
Newly Registered
Indonesia

Children PBS dependent validity

Post by dikayudha8 » Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:39 pm

Hi Everyone,

I and my wife will be eligible to apply for ILR in January 2023. I, my wife and my 2 year old child are under T2 general visa and dependent visa until 29 April 2023.

My child was born in the UK in 2020, and we are planning to apply for British citizenship for him after we got our ILR. Would my child's skilled worker dependent visa be invalid if I and my wife got our ILR let's say in February 2023? Would he be allowed to enter the UK after we got ILR whilst he uses his tier 2 dependent visa before 29 April 2023 if we travel overseas before then?

We are planning to go overseas in March to go back to the UK in mid April. British citizenship application takes too long and he might not even get his passport in March 2023, whilst the ILR application for him is pretty expensive, and it would be financially reasonable for my child to apply for British citizenship instead.

Please share me previous posts or some documents to support this if you don't mind.

Thank you very much in advance!

meself2
Ireland

Re: Children PBS dependent validity

Post by meself2 » Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:04 pm

I'm confused about the reason for your concern. His visa will stay valid until the end of its duration, so he can use it while it's valid, ref: https://www.gov.uk/indefinite-leave-to- ... ly-members
Your partner and children can apply separately at a later date, for example if they’re not eligible yet. They can continue to extend their visa as your Skilled Worker or T2 dependant, even after you get indefinite leave to remain.
but! if the child will receive British citizenship, law states BRP must be returned, so you may get in a situation where child is naturalized, but doesn't yet have a passport, and that's when you'll just have to wait until it's done (unless the child has dual citizenship which allows them to go to the UK)
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

dikayudha8
Newly Registered
Indonesia

Re: Children PBS dependent validity

Post by dikayudha8 » Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:44 am

Thanks for your reply! In that case we will apply for his citizenship after we go back and before it is expired (which is before 29/04/2023).