ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Issue with employment Cat A FLR (M)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Speedbird777
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Issue with employment Cat A FLR (M)

Post by Speedbird777 » Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:03 pm

Hi guys I was wondering if someone may impart some knowledge around this weird situation... so my wife’s spouse visa is coming up for extension on the 3rd of May 2023. Her BRP is due to expire on 3rd May 2023 and I’m just about to start a job (it will be above the financial requirement and No I’ve not worked in the last 12 months so can’t do Cat B only Cat A) however does it matter when the payday is? So for instance my start date would be 7th Nov and payday is 28th Nov... so I could still get 6 payslips and bank statements together before submitting her application online on the 3rd however would that make it exactly 6 months Or does ECO count exact date so it would be 5 months and 27days in employment on date of application submission (Are they nitpicky is what I mean)? It would (nov,Dec,Jan,Feb,Mar,Apr Payslips) Am I even allowed to submit on the 3rd or would that be classed as overstaying for my wife(I’m British by the way). And the first payslip will be slightly less than the other 5 would that be an issue? I’ve signed the contract on the 15th oct (yesterday) however but start date is the 7th Nov that’s the earliest they can do as its training etc ) Many thanks I’m very panicked.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Issue with employment Cat A FLR (M)

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:24 am

Pay date doesn't matter, get 6 payslips backed with bank account statements and that should be alright for the application.
If the first month pay slip is at least £1,550 (as you said earning above financial requirements) then no worry even is its lesser than subsequent months.

Speedbird777
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Speedbird777 » Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:52 am

Thank you for your reply I was very worried as employment works out to 5months and 27days if I count from 7th Nov to 3rd May.
Also am I allowed to submit application on last day (3rd May) or does it expire on that same date stated on BRP?
Lastly is it okay to upgrade my job role within this 6 month period leading up to the application ( with same employer) or is it better to wait til after applying for her visa extension? Many thanks guys.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:16 am

Speedbird777 wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:52 am
Thank you for your reply I was very worried as employment works out to 5months and 27days if I count from 7th Nov to 3rd May. It won't be a problem if you present 6 pay slips and the pay on them meets the financial requirements.
Also am I allowed to submit application on last day (3rd May) or does it expire on that same date stated on BRP? Yes you can though that's risking it waiting till last date as several unforswn factors may affect, fingers crossed AGW. Get other things in place and once you get the pay slip submit.
Lastly is it okay to upgrade my job role within this 6 month period leading up to the application nothing stops you ( with same employer) or is it better to wait til after applying for her visa extension? Many thanks guys.

Speedbird777
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Speedbird777 » Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:04 pm

Thanks for your swift reply amazonianX , I wanted to confirm the first payslip in Nov will be slightly lower than the subsequent 5 that will follow leading up to and including April 2023 which is just in time for me to submit the application online on the 3rd May 2023 or a few days before as you suggested. The first payslip will be like 1350-1400 (before tax as per my estimation) due to the fact I will have only started work on the 7th Nov and payday is like the 28-30 Nov so it won’t be a full one, now would that work as it would still equal above 9300 in a 6 month period as it will be basic plus commission or am I damned In cat A? Your help is appreciated :)

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:24 am

Speedbird777 wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:04 pm
Thanks for your swift reply amazonianX , I wanted to confirm the first payslip in Nov will be slightly lower than the subsequent 5 that will follow leading up to and including April 2023 which is just in time for me to submit the application online on the 3rd May 2023 or a few days before as you suggested. The first payslip will be like 1350-1400 (before tax as per my estimation) due to the fact I will have only started work on the 7th Nov and payday is like the 28-30 Nov so it won’t be a full one, now would that work as it would still equal above 9300 in a 6 month period as it will be basic plus commission or am I damned In cat A? Your help is appreciated :)
The above cannot work as your minimum income per month to use Cat A should be £1,550.