ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I need a new visa when I renew my passport?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mmssaa
India

Do I need a new visa when I renew my passport?

Post by mmssaa » Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:52 am

Hello,

I work in Ireland, and my IRP is valid until April 2023. I came to India for a vacation, and I have renewed my passport here.

Could you please let me know if I require a new visa now that my passport has been renewed?

Thanks a million in advance.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Do I need a new visa when I renew my passport?

Post by littlerr » Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:47 am

No but you need to inform INIS of your new passport details before you leave.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:51 am

IRP should be enough. You'll have to update your passport number to ISD but you should be fine to get back, see https://www.irishimmigration.ie/registe ... istration/
No, from April 2021 your permission is not linked to the expiration date on your passport. When you receive a new passport, you are legally required to contact your local immigration office to update your details. If you have a question about a balance of permission or you want to update your details contact immigrationsupport@justice.ie in Dublin city and county and gnib_dv@garda.ie if you live outside Dublin.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

mmssaa
India

Post by mmssaa » Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:21 pm

Thanks both. Could you please let me know if emailing to immigrationsupport@justice.ie sufficient about my passport renewal?