ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Jobs for Java/J2EE in UK

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pparchuri
Newly Registered

Jobs for Java/J2EE in UK

Post by pparchuri » Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:37 pm

Hi
I recently got my tier1 (general) visa.
I am currently working in one of Indian company in Java and J2ee and I have around 8 years of experience in Java, J2ee, Struts, Hibernate and Spring.
I am planning to be to be in UK during the month of Jan 2009, could some one suggest me is it the right to enter in UK.
How is the market situation for Java and J2ee Technologies?
I have seen some of the job positions for Java and J2ee while searching in the job sites.
Would some one please suggest me, whether reaching on Jan 2009 is the correct decision on not, as I have to resign for my current job.

PC

dnicky
Member of Standing

Post by dnicky » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:05 pm

Would some one please suggest me, whether reaching on Jan 2009 is the correct decision on not, as I have to resign for my current job.
If you had done some search on this forum you would have found the answers for your your questions.

In short the market is dead at the moment and the chances of it opening in January are pretty slim due to the current economic downturn that has hit the market badly. If you have a well paid and stable job back in your home country, it will make at the moment to stay put where you are, and wait for the UK market to open up before coming over.

It is your career and you are the best person to decide the direction for it.

nshar1

Re: Jobs for Java/J2EE in UK

Post by nshar1 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:13 pm

Hi PC,

Its difficult to say right now whether it will prove to be a right decision or not.

One thing I can say is you have the right skills - Spring/Hibernate are the desired technical skills to have.

Right now the job market for Java,J2EE is very very bad(Most of the openings listed on job portals are fake/old, so please don't go by them). Everybody around is hoping that poor job market is due to year end. We hope there would be openings in Jan.

I can predict - the situation in later months of 2009 will get worse so Jan should be the only month when one can expect some movement in the job market.

Whatever may be the scenario, you, for sure, will be exposing yourself to risk by leaving your present job.

If I were you I would have done either of the following two things:

- Continued in my present high paying Indian job or
- come on leave for 1 month to do the search.

Going to another country in the middle of a deep recession, leaving your well paid job, may not be an ideal decision.

visaapplier
Newly Registered
India

Post by visaapplier » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:52 pm

Well said nshar1 !! Could not have put it in any better terms.

SallyA
BANNED

Post by SallyA » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:29 pm

Definately right now is not the time even if you do have the Visa! There is a very slim chance of getting here and finding a job when there are already many people losing work and trying to find something else all asround us. Jobs are being cut so much - now is better for you to stay where you are as there is no guarantee here :(