ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child Passport Identity confirmation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tier2GeneralQueries
Newly Registered
India

Child Passport Identity confirmation

Post by tier2GeneralQueries » Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:02 pm

Hi, I am applying for my child's first british passport and need to get indentity verification checked as part of the application. I did a mistake while nominating someone online as he does not meet the criteria as the person does not have a british passport. There was an option to send it another person as well so I did it but the second person is not getting an email where he could confirm. I called the passport office but they said the first person needs to get rejected first before they send it to second person but the first person can't provide his details because as soon as he gives his passport number the form wouldn't accept it and it's stuck with him. I called multiple times to the passport office and each time they say they are adding notes so that whoever looks at it they could reset it or do something so that the first nominee would be skipped but nothing has been done so far. Wondering anybody faced the same issue like mine or has any advice on this please?

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: Child Passport Identity confirmation

Post by contorted_svy » Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:06 am

I don't think there is much that can be done except waiting and following up as you have already done. Do you need the passport urgently?
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

tier2GeneralQueries
Newly Registered
India

Post by tier2GeneralQueries » Fri Oct 21, 2022 11:03 am

thanks for your response @contorted_svy. I called them again and they said they would send a paper form but will take a week. Their online system is shambles though i do agree it was my mistake as well :cry: . It's not very urgent at the moment but i need to apply for a visa for my son which is all linked.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Fri Oct 21, 2022 11:06 am

It's good news you'll get a paper form. As soon as you get it, get it done straight away and send it back. Paperwork unfortunately can be like that at times.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

tier2GeneralQueries
Newly Registered
India

Post by tier2GeneralQueries » Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:38 pm

Yeah hopefully will get it soon. will update here how it goes.