ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign Birth Registration

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zelli
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by zelli » Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:21 pm

zelli wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:23 am
Application Submitted Online: 12th Feb 2020
Documents Received: N/A
Confirmation of Address: 4th Oct 2022
Application Approved: 11th Oct 2022
Certificate Received: 17th Oct 2022

My Irish citizenship is finally here. Thanks everyone!

GoingBackBackToEire
Ireland

Post by GoingBackBackToEire » Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:25 am

zelli wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:21 pm
Certificate Received: 17th Oct 2022

My Irish citizenship is finally here. Thanks everyone!
Congrats!

If you had to guess, when do you think your documents arrived at the office in Balbriggan?
Do you recall when you sent them?

JoannaKJ
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by JoannaKJ » Tue Oct 18, 2022 3:14 am

Hi all,

I'm curious about the wording people are getting in their address check email. I remember a while back the address check was a formality just prior to the congratulations email. but I had the following paragraph in mine:

"Receiving this email is in no indication of a successful outcome of you application, but by confirming your address you are enabling us to process your application more efficiently."

The grammar is odd which makes me think it is a one-off and has me slightly worried. The only potential problem with my application is that my grandfather named his father Patrick on his marriage certificate but according to his birth certificate - which he'd probably never seen - his father was called Joseph. That is really common - the same situation with my own father - so I hope they're not too troubled by it.

Are other people receiving the caveat too?

Dalton_Trumbo
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Dalton_Trumbo » Tue Oct 18, 2022 6:54 am

JoannaKJ wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 3:14 am
Hi all,

I'm curious about the wording people are getting in their address check email. I remember a while back the address check was a formality just prior to the congratulations email. but I had the following paragraph in mine:

"Receiving this email is in no indication of a successful outcome of you application, but by confirming your address you are enabling us to process your application more efficiently."

The grammar is odd which makes me think it is a one-off and has me slightly worried. The only potential problem with my application is that my grandfather named his father Patrick on his marriage certificate but according to his birth certificate - which he'd probably never seen - his father was called Joseph. That is really common - the same situation with my own father - so I hope they're not too troubled by it.

That is odd. Here is the wording of mine from mid July:

"Dear Dalton.

*** PLEASE QUOTE YOUR APPLICATION NUMBER ON ALL CORRESPONDENCE ***

The above application for entry into the Foreign Births Register is now ready to be approved and a Foreign Birth Registration Certificate and original documents will be returned to you by registered post, which will require a signature on delivery.

To ensure these documents are dispatched to the correct address you should confirm your address by return email. If you have moved address since you completed the applications you should provide a scanned copy of proof of that new address e.g. original utility bills, bank statements, government correspondence.

The application will not be approved until you confirm your address.

Please note that your application will be sent via Registered post and someone will need to be available to sign for the envelope."

Curious, was the email from an individual person or a generic dfa email address?

JoannaKJ
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by JoannaKJ » Tue Oct 18, 2022 7:32 am

It was signed off with a first and last name and the email address was fbrclarification@dfa.ie. Hmmm.

JoannaKJ
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by JoannaKJ » Tue Oct 18, 2022 7:33 am

The full wording:

Dear Joanna

I am currently reviewing your application for entry into the Foreign Births Register,

To ensure these documents are dispatched to the correct address you should confirm your address by return email. If you have moved address since you completed your application you should provide a scanned copy of proof of that new address, e.g. original utility bills, bank statements, government correspondence.

You will receive a confirmation email when if your application is successful, but should further documentation be required to support your application I will be contact with you.

Receiving this email is in no indication of a successful outcome of you application, but by confirming your address you are enabling us to process your application more efficiently.

Please note that your documents will be sent via Registered post and someone will need to be available to sign for the envelope.

I look forward to hearing from you

Best Regards

spencer0523
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by spencer0523 » Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:56 am

I received the same one! Maybe its just the person doing it having a different style?
JoannaKJ wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 7:33 am
The full wording:

Dear Joanna

I am currently reviewing your application for entry into the Foreign Births Register,

To ensure these documents are dispatched to the correct address you should confirm your address by return email. If you have moved address since you completed your application you should provide a scanned copy of proof of that new address, e.g. original utility bills, bank statements, government correspondence.

You will receive a confirmation email when if your application is successful, but should further documentation be required to support your application I will be contact with you.

Receiving this email is in no indication of a successful outcome of you application, but by confirming your address you are enabling us to process your application more efficiently.

Please note that your documents will be sent via Registered post and someone will need to be available to sign for the envelope.

Best Regards

JMcA
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by JMcA » Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:42 am

JMcA wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:48 pm
Hi all,

Received my address confirmation today! I've moved since my application, so had to provide a proof of new address.

Application Submitted Online: 22nd June 2020
Documents Received: 14th July 2020 (Didn't receive confirmation so found out from web chat)
Confirmation of Address: 11th Oct 2022

Hope yours all come through soon
There we go, just got my congratulations email!

Application Submitted Online: 22nd June 2020
Documents Received: 14th July 2020 (Didn't receive confirmation so found out from web chat)
Confirmation of Address: 11th Oct 2022 (My address has changed)
Application Approved: 18th Oct 2022

JoannaKJ
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by JoannaKJ » Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:29 am

spencer0523 wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:56 am
I received the same one! Maybe its just the person doing it having a different style?
JoannaKJ wrote:
The full wording:

Dear Joanna

Best Regards
And this is why I love this forum! Now we know there are (at least) two different kinds of address confirmation. It will be interesting to see if the gap between confirmation and acceptance is longer for us, since our person checks addresses at the beginning of the process rather than at the end. This feels like a Divination class at Hogwarts!

spencer0523
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by spencer0523 » Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:46 am

haha, lets hope not. Something different between you and me was that it was a personal email that I received. So I actually followed up to make sure everything is kosher since it was wierd that it was an individual and that there were key prepositions missing in multiple places. I might be paranoid but given the sensitivity of these documents and general ineptitude of civil servants in some cases I wanted to double check :twisted: :mrgreen: :D
JoannaKJ wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:29 am
spencer0523 wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:56 am
JoannaKJ wrote:
The full wording:

Dear Joanna

Best Regards
And this is why I love this forum! Now we know there are (at least) two different kinds of address confirmation. It will be interesting to see if the gap between confirmation and acceptance is longer for us, since our person checks addresses at the beginning of the process rather than at the end. This feels like a Divination class at Hogwarts!

Bun_123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Bun_123 » Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:35 pm

Update on a July 2020 submission!

Application Submitted Online: 27th June 2020
Documents Received: 21st July 2020 (confirmed last year over email)
Confirmation of Address: 18th October 2022
Application Approved:
Certificate Received:

Wording of confirmation of address email:

Your application for entry into the Foreign Births Register will be approved shortly and a Foreign Birth Registration Certificate and your original documents will be returned to you by registered post, which will require a signature on delivery.

To ensure these documents are dispatched to the correct address you should confirm your address by return email.

If you have moved address since you completed your application you should provide a scanned copy of proof of that new address e.g. original utility bills, bank statements, government correspondence.

**** Please note that a further email will issue to you when your FBR certificate has been printed and is ready for dispatch ****

Regards,

HPFA
Newly Registered
England

Post by HPFA » Tue Oct 18, 2022 3:02 pm

GoingBackBackToEire wrote:
Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:20 pm
HPFA wrote:
Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:27 pm
Valo wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 12:32 am
A week ago I pop in and they jumped from March to May. Now they are on October?

They aren't half zooming through are they. Makes me, a January 2022 applicant quite optimistic for hearing back potentially next year.
Last time I checked a few weeks ago they'd only just got through February. Can't believe we're seeing October.
Eh, I doubt they're really up to October 2020 yet. That would be surprising, because we haven't seen any from August or September 2020.

This October talk started with a post from joemac41 (quoted below), it's probably more accurate to call it July 2020.
joemac41 wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 1:52 pm
So good news. My better half got her confirmation today:

Appied 26 Feb 2020

Oh right, October did seem amazing.

But considering when I last checked things we were just starting on March July still seems like amazing progress.
Documents Sent and Recieved: Sometime in July 2020 and put in system 7 Oct 2020
Confirmation of Address: 12 Oct 2020 2022

Our long national nightmare is over.
My interpretation is the docs arrived in July while the office was closed.
I don't know what to make of the "put in system 7 Oct 2020" Perhaps it's a misunderstanding of the date format and it's really 10-7-2020. In Ireland, 10/7 means July 10th, not October 7th. (Assuming joemac41 is in the US where we do everything bass-ackwards.)

valley_wilderness
Newly Registered
Mood:
Switzerland

Post by valley_wilderness » Tue Oct 18, 2022 3:29 pm

Hello everyone,

Can anyone remember when the offices were closed due to Covid please?

I made note of this in a statement published online:
Due to Covid-19 restrictions, and the subsequent reassignment of FBR staff to assist in the provision of essential passport services, the FBR Service was paused for nearly 15 months across the 2020-2021 period.

The processing of FBR applications resumed in November 2021
I can see applications were paused in May 2020:

I am wondering if this means there will be a bit of scrum where we will suddenly accelerate from early /mid 2020 documents received, through to applications with documents that were received in November 2021 when the offices re-opened?

Mr_Knight
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Mr_Knight » Tue Oct 18, 2022 7:20 pm

JoannaKJ wrote:
The full wording:

Dear Joanna

Best Regards
Yeah some of the wording in that is quite odd. Would they outsource this work to India by any chance? :lol:

Dalton_Trumbo
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Dalton_Trumbo » Tue Oct 18, 2022 7:44 pm

JoannaKJ wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 7:32 am
It was signed off with a first and last name and the email address was fbrclarification@dfa.ie. Hmmm.
They must have changed the process or are testing changes? Mine came at the very end of the process and was from an individual's .dfa.ie email address, not fbrclarification@dfa.ie or the like. Perhaps they are trying to streamline things? Either way, very little seems to be consistent across their process. Good luck!

corky100
United Kingdom

Post by corky100 » Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:33 pm

I think your right there, they're putting in a new IT system - this could be part of that.

Revin Kevin
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by Revin Kevin » Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:39 pm

Bun_123 wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:35 pm
Update on a July 2020 submission!

Application Submitted Online: 27th June 2020
Documents Received: 21st July 2020 (confirmed last year over email)
Confirmation of Address: 18th October 2022
Application Approved:
Certificate Received:

Wording of confirmation of address email:

Your application for entry into the Foreign Births Register will be approved shortly and a Foreign Birth Registration Certificate and your original documents will be returned to you by registered post, which will require a signature on delivery.

To ensure these documents are dispatched to the correct address you should confirm your address by return email.

If you have moved address since you completed your application you should provide a scanned copy of proof of that new address e.g. original utility bills, bank statements, government correspondence.

**** Please note that a further email will issue to you when your FBR certificate has been printed and is ready for dispatch ****

Regards,
I had the same email nearly 3 weeks ago but still no confirmation!

Alice100
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Alice100 » Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:09 pm

Hi all,

This forum has been useful to me, so I thought I'd upload my timeline to help others.

Applied Online: May 3rd 2020

I can't find a 'documents received' email but I sent it 'signed for'. From memory I saw it was signed for a few days after sending - estimated 5 days.

Address Confirmation: October 4th 2022
Congratulation email: October 18th 2022

FBR Received: waiting

mwalsh5757
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mwalsh5757 » Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:39 pm

JoannaKJ wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 3:14 am
Hi all,

That's what mine read and I received approval just 3 days later. I think they're just covering themselves in case something does come up.

Kazoo
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Kazoo » Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:02 am

Application submitted 15/10/2020 docs received 20/10/2020 I spoke with a guy in the fbr on phone who said they are flying through them now so feeling hopeful!

edhharley
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by edhharley » Wed Oct 19, 2022 3:06 pm

Hey just thought id upload my timeline seeing as this forum really helped me!

Documents Sent: 29/03/2022
Documents received: 22/05/2020
Address Check: 12/10/2022
Congratulations Email: 20/10/2022

R0b0tQ
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by R0b0tQ » Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:02 pm

Hi all

Been a long-time observer but just had my address confirmation email!

Applied online: 24th Aug. 2020
Docs sent: 24th Aug 2020
Docs rec’d: never had a confirmation
Address confirmation: 19th October 2022

Now to wait for the congrats and the certificate!

GoingBackBackToEire
Ireland

Post by GoingBackBackToEire » Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:25 pm

R0b0tQ wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:02 pm
Hi all

Our first August 2020 application! And it's late August at that.
I added this to the Google Sheet with a guesstimated a Docs Received date a week after mailing, 31 Aug 2020.

Very exciting. Congrats, R0b0tQ!

MrsC70
Scotland

Post by MrsC70 » Wed Oct 19, 2022 5:50 pm

R0b0tQ wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:02 pm
Hi all

That's really exciting!!!! :D

Patpatriot
United States of America

Post by Patpatriot » Wed Oct 19, 2022 6:12 pm

Advice please...I obtained Irish passport 6 months ago based on Mother being born in Ireland, passport office had some issues with lineage (due to her adoption and surname changes), but it was solved with a notarized copy of my Mother's Passport showing she was born in Ireland. I have applied via FBR for my daughter's to obtain citizenship, and although I submitted all original documents per their list, I did not include copy of Mother's passport, in case FBR has same issue. Should I get a head of this and send them copy of Mother's passport or just wait and see if they need it? I'm still about a year away for them based on current timelines.

Just trying to expedite the process, so I don't get an email a year from now saying they need more info to process it.