ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Appointment with UKVCAS

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MasterCX
Newly Registered
Morocco

Naturalisation Appointment with UKVCAS

Post by MasterCX » Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:24 pm

Hello there,

I have had ILR for 4 years and I have finally decided to apply for British citizenship. :roll:
I have filled up the form online and paid the 1330 fee then a few days late I got an email asking me to download the IDV APP which I did, then I took a picture of my passport then did some videos of my face as requested by the app, afterwards I uploaded all the documents on my checklist and submitted them through this IDV APP.
I am a bit confused now, do I still need to book a physical appointment as a UKVCAS centre or can i pass this since I have already used the app ? :!: :oops:

Kindly,
MasterCX :?:

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Naturalisation Appointment with UKVCAS

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:44 pm

MasterCX wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:24 pm
Hello there,

I have had ILR for 4 years and I have finally decided to apply for British citizenship. :roll:
I have filled up the form online and paid the 1330 fee then a few days late I got an email asking me to download the IDV APP which I did, then I took a picture of my passport then did some videos of my face as requested by the app, afterwards I uploaded all the documents on my checklist and submitted them through this IDV APP.
I am a bit confused now, do I still need to book a physical appointment as a UKVCAS centre or can i pass this since I have already used the app ? :!: :oops:

Kindly,
MasterCX :?:
There is a bit of confusion stemming from IDV app, even after enrolling biometrics through the app some get told they need to book appointment.......and then get decision made on their application before UKVCAS appointment date comes around.
To cover all bases you may book UKVCAS appointment.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:01 pm

That should be enough. You might get an email from UKVI that you haven't submitted biometrics, that has been experienced by many users. If that is the case, it is most likely an error.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

MasterCX
Newly Registered
Morocco

Post by MasterCX » Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:07 pm

Thank you for your response guys . I have received the following email after I submitted the documents via IDV App .

"
Dear XX XXXX,
f you have received this message on behalf of the lead applicant, please ensure they are informed immediately.

We are delighted to confirm that the supporting information for your visa application has been submitted to UKVI.

All updates about your application will come from UKVI directly and NOT from UKVCAS. You can find details about UKVI’s timescales for processing your application here

UKVI will be in touch directly if they need any additional information from you and to let you know their decision about your application.

UKVCAS is unable to provide any status updates about your application so please do not call our Contact Centre as we are unable to help.

Please note, your immigration status remains unaffected while your application is being processed.

Kind regards

UKVCAS
"

It seems that my application has gone through... so why would i take an appointment ?
Do I need to send the physical documents as well ?

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:42 pm

No need for the physical documents to be sent through, if UKVI needs more evidence they will be in touch.

Several users have experienced an email from UKVI asking them to book a biometrics appointment after using the IDV app. If that happens, seek reassurance from UKVCAS that they did submit your biometrics - or as AmazonianX advised, book a free appointment just in case in 45 days from now and cancel it if you don't need it.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

MasterCX
Newly Registered
Morocco

Post by MasterCX » Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:43 pm

thank you for your advice :)