ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 (registration) applicants travelling

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Faqasim
Jordan

MN1 (registration) applicants travelling

Post by Faqasim » Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:18 am

Hello Team,

If my kids are applying for registration (MN1), and planning on travelling after we submit their applications.

1. Would their application be voided, similar to ILR application ? Or are citizenships applications are treated differently?

2. If it is ok for them to travel, would their BRP be voided after they are granted citizenship? I am asking to make sure what is the best way for them to return to the UK.

Best,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: MN1 (registration) applicants travelling

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:21 am

1. They are free to travel.

2. They would be able to return provided their BRPs are still valid.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Faqasim
Jordan

Post by Faqasim » Fri Oct 21, 2022 1:28 pm

2. Their BRP will still be valid, but when they get to the immigration control, should they declare that they are citizens -if they receive approval by then- ? Or should they just enter the country as my dependents without declaring anything?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 21, 2022 1:34 pm

Just enter as normal and if IO says anything, explain they have recently been registered as British and approved.

You are overthinking.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.