ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor Visa Applications

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Bambino-fred
Newly Registered

Visitor Visa Applications

Post by Bambino-fred » Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:23 pm

The process for applying for a Visitor Visa seems to have changed since I last did it six years ago. I went online to apply and from what I understood there does not seems to be a way to submit supporting documents / letters, or is this done after submitting an initial application ?

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: Visitor Visa Applications

Post by contorted_svy » Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:35 pm

You will submit documents after you apply and pay the fee. You will be given a checklist of what you need to submit.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Oct 15, 2022 11:18 pm

Bambino-fred wrote:
Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:23 pm
The process for applying for a Visitor Visa seems to have changed since I last did it six years ago. I went online to apply and from what I understood there does not seems to be a way to submit supporting documents / letters, or is this done after submitting an initial application ?
After filling and submitting online form, you will get the opportunity to upload supporting documents. No hard copy is posted to any where again.

Bambino-fred
Newly Registered

Post by Bambino-fred » Sun Oct 16, 2022 12:22 pm

Thanks for those replies...can you also briefly tell me if the persons visiting have to do the biometric appointment again (as the last time they did it was six years ago) ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 16, 2022 12:23 pm

Bambino-fred wrote:
Sun Oct 16, 2022 12:22 pm
Thanks for those replies...can you also briefly tell me if the persons visiting have to do the biometric appointment again (as the last time they did it was six years ago) ?
Yes, they have to enroll biometrics again.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Bambino-fred
Newly Registered

Post by Bambino-fred » Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:18 pm

I am trying to time things in the best possible way....because of this I was thinking of making the application now...but if the authorities give me an appointment which is too soon....will I be able to cancel the application and do it again at a later date ?....without them saying: you have already applied...you can't do it again...or something similar....thanks

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Sun Oct 23, 2022 4:24 pm

You will book the appointment yourself, so you can choose the date that you prefer. You can only apply less than 3 months before you plan to travel. Review this https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor and this https://www.gov.uk/guidance/visa-decisi ... ide-the-uk
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

Bambino-fred
Newly Registered

Post by Bambino-fred » Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:23 pm

so when it says you typically have to wait 7 weeks, is that 7 weeks after the appointment that you mentioned takes place ? thanks

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Sun Oct 23, 2022 7:27 pm

Yes.