ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 dependent VISA extension while Main Applicant has ILR

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

awais1116
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Tier 2 dependent VISA extension while Main Applicant has ILR

Post by awais1116 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:53 pm

I have got ILR through Tier 2 visa route in Jan 2022. My wife's visa is expiring in July 2022 and she still needs to complete 2 more years in UK to be eligible for ILR.

My query is, do i still apply extension of her visa as tier 2 dependent ? If yes, then which dates to put for IHS surcharge payment and what information should I put in section about COS ? I have swtiched job after getting ILR and have no COS from current employer.

Thanks in advance for responses.

sathish.kannan
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 dependent VISA extension while Main Applicant has ILR

Post by sathish.kannan » Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:58 am

Hi,

I am kind of in the same situation. Did you find your answer? Please share the info incase if you have managed to sort it out.

Thank you.

awais1116
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by awais1116 » Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:34 am

I have applied as PBD dependent VISA. Put my COS detailes and expiry dates of ILR.

I did this based on my conversation with home office agent.

Waiting since last 8 weeks. No response/ decision. Fingures crossed.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:41 am

For the IHS, you should have put a date 3 years in the future to pay the correct IHS fee. Your ILR expiry date would not be the 3 years required for the IHS.

Also note that the call centre is an outsourced third party agent, they are not UKVI staff you are seeking help from and the call centre frequently gives out incorrect information and takes no responsibility for it either.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sathish.kannan
Newly Registered

Post by sathish.kannan » Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:27 pm

In my case my wife and son will be eligible for ILR in 14 months time. My visa expiry date is 2024.. when I entered my expiry date, then its asking me to pay £1560, but if I just change the date to 14 months from today then we only have to pay £936. But not sure if thats the right way.

sathish.kannan
Newly Registered

Post by sathish.kannan » Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:44 pm

Ok. I found in this forum (immigration-for-family-members/pbs-depe ... 58275.html) that for IHS we have to pay minimum of 3 years. We can't pay for just one year, and also can't get refund as we will be extending to ILR.

awais1116
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by awais1116 » Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:26 am

I paid the IHS for my wife's PBS dependent visa for 2.5 years (based on expiry date on my ILR) and still have got the VISA for 3 years.

Got the new today.. HUrry..

awais1116
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by awais1116 » Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:31 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:41 am
For the IHS, you should have put a date 3 years in the future to pay the correct IHS fee. Your ILR expiry date would not be the 3 years required for the IHS.

Also note that the call centre is an outsourced third party agent, they are not UKVI staff you are seeking help from and the call centre frequently gives out incorrect information and takes no responsibility for it either.
Got her VISA extension today with IHS paid based on expiry date of my ILR which was fro 2.5 years

Used Old COS details in VISA.

jpIndia
Newly Registered
India

Post by jpIndia » Fri Oct 14, 2022 6:06 pm

awais1116 wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:31 am
CR001 wrote:

Got her VISA extension today with IHS paid based on expiry date of my ILR which was fro 2.5 years

Hi Awais,
Can you please help with
1- Which Option to choose from the dependent visa
a)extend or switch to your Skilled Worker visa as your partner
b)extend or switch to your Skilled Worker visa as your child
(option B allows to add both spouse and Child but not in option a)
2. what all information about the Tier2 general visa do i need to add to the form as my wife has already for the ILR.
3. Should I be applying for 3 years or 2 years extension as i will be eligible for ILR after2 years.
Thanks

awais1116
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by awais1116 » Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:40 pm

jpIndia wrote:
Fri Oct 14, 2022 6:06 pm
awais1116 wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:31 am
CR001 wrote:

Hi Awais,
Can you please help with
1- Which Option to choose from the dependent visa
a)extend or switch to your Skilled Worker visa as your partner
b)extend or switch to your Skilled Worker visa as your child
(option B allows to add both spouse and Child but not in option a)
2. what all information about the Tier2 general visa do i need to add to the form as my wife has already for the ILR.
3. Should I be applying for 3 years or 2 years extension as i will be eligible for ILR after2 years.
Thanks
Hi
1- I went for option a, as visa extention was for my wife only.
2- Not sure about the ask here. You need to provide all the information asked in the application. COS details etc.
3- I have paid IHS based on expiry date mentioned on my ILR. In the application, I have used same dates as the date of exipry of leave of main applicant.

I hope it helps.

jpIndia
Newly Registered
India

Post by jpIndia » Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:12 pm

Hi Awais,

Thanks a lot for the response, I have done that but while paying for the IHS, the form is asking for Visa details for my spouse. The Visa type mentioned in the IHS site does not match with the main application i.e. Main application has visa type as Skilled visa ( GOV.uk considers this as Tier 2 also) and in IHS Site it has Tier 2 as the visa type with Tier 2(ICT) and there is no option for Tier 2 (General - New hires - restricted) as the sub type. Please can you guide which one to choose.

awais1116
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by awais1116 » Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:31 pm

jpIndia wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:12 pm
Hi Awais,

Thanks a lot for the response, I have done that but while paying for the IHS, the form is asking for Visa details for my spouse. The Visa type mentioned in the IHS site does not match with the main application i.e. Main application has visa type as Skilled visa ( GOV.uk considers this as Tier 2 also) and in IHS Site it has Tier 2 as the visa type with Tier 2(ICT) and there is no option for Tier 2 (General - New hires - restricted) as the sub type. Please can you guide which one to choose.

Hi There,

Dont remeber it vividly about it but i think there was ab option of PBS visa or point based visa etc there...

Disclaimer - Not an immigration advice. Just sharing my expereince.

Anthony86
United Kingdom

Post by Anthony86 » Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:32 pm

awais1116 wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:31 pm
Hi Awais,

Hi Awais

I applied 1st September (I am the dependent and my wife now has ILR- I qualify in another 2.5 years). I too did exactly the same as you and used the expiry date stated in ILR card as expiry date for IHS (sort of not realising those cards were issued temporarily and ILR itself has no expiry). Later reading through this forum I thought I may have made a mistake and should have just put a date 3 years ahead rather than the date I put, as I was only charged IHS for 2.5 years.

Were you asked to top-up IHS for an additional 6 months? Or did they just issue the visa for 3 years? I have no problem doing a top up, just that it is almost 8 weeks (at end of October) and absolutely no news so far from UKVI. Priority service was suspended at the time I applied.

Please could you kindly confirm?

awais1116
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by awais1116 » Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:23 pm

Hi There,

Didnt hear anyting from HO.

Paid for 2.5 years. Got VISA for 3 year.

Took a little over 3 months to get decision.

Happy Days :)

Anthony86
United Kingdom

Post by Anthony86 » Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:33 pm

awais1116 wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:23 pm
Hi There,

Didnt hear anyting from HO.

Paid for 2.5 years. Got VISA for 3 year.

Took a little over 3 months to get decision.

Happy Days :)
Thank you for your response. I only hope I have the same luck (regardless of whether top up required or not) to get the extension approval without any other complications!