ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BC Estimated Processing Time for BC Spouse (ILR just granted)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

UK_Resident_2022
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

BC Estimated Processing Time for BC Spouse (ILR just granted)

Post by UK_Resident_2022 » Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:39 pm

Hello there,

Nationality: Non-EU
Application: British Citizenship (straightforward)
Route: 4 years as a Student + 5 years as Spouse of BC + ILR

I have just been granted ILR as Spouse of BC (5-year route) and I am putting in an application for British Citizenship this week.

Given that I have only just been granted ILR and the investigation for that has only just been done. Any ideas on how long the processing time for my citizenship application will?

Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: BC Estimated Processing Time for BC Spouse (ILR just granted)

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:45 pm

Citizenship is a separate application with different laws and requirements. The process has nothing to do with how recently you received ILR as citizenship is not an immigration application.

Current timelines suggest it can take anywhere between 2 months and 6 months, sometimes longer.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Re: BC Estimated Processing Time for BC Spouse (ILR just granted)

Post by secret.simon » Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:34 pm

UK_Resident_2022 wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:39 pm
I have only just been granted ILR and the investigation for that has only just been done.
As CR001 mentioned, naturalisation is a separate process with different requirements, and by different teams in the Home Office.

While an ILR application would look at whether you met the specific requirements, natursalisation is broader, looking at a lot more details (good character, etc). Don't assume that because one is complete that the other process will be speeded up somehow.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.