ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dual nationality - British & another passport that doesn’t allow dual nationality

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

xlwatermelon
Newly Registered

Dual nationality - British & another passport that doesn’t allow dual nationality

Post by xlwatermelon » Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:10 am

Hello guys,

I’m holding 2 passport - British Passport and another one that doesn’t allow dual nationality (let’s call it Passport B). I have not cancelled it yet and still intend to use it for a while.

I know HO and British boarder don’t care to much when you entering. But would the boarder I’m exiting challenge it at all?

For example,
I’m in country A with my passport B (which has the valid visa for country A) but going back to UK. When exiting country A I’m using my passport B but also having to show my British passport (so I have right to enter the destination), would they question my current right to stay in country A as theoretically my passport B is not valid hence the visa is not valid?

Same when I’m leaving UK travelling to country A. When leaving with my British boarder also presenting my passport B, would they deny my right to entry country A as the visa is technically not valid?

Or am I over complicating the thing as both country A and UK wouldnt care much because they are not the issuing country of passport B.

Any insights appreciated.

Thanks

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Dual nationality - British & another passport that doesn’t allow dual nationality

Post by Ticktack » Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:27 am

xlwatermelon wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:10 am
Hello guys,

I’m holding 2 passport - British Passport and another one that doesn’t allow dual nationality (let’s call it Passport B). I have not cancelled it yet and still intend to use it for a while.

I know HO and British boarder don’t care to much when you entering. But would the boarder I’m exiting challenge it at all?

For example,
I’m in country A with my passport B (which has the valid visa for country A) but going back to UK. When exiting country A I’m using my passport B but also having to show my British passport (so I have right to enter the destination), would they question my current right to stay in country A as theoretically my passport B is not valid hence the visa is not valid?

Same when I’m leaving UK travelling to country A. When leaving with my British boarder also presenting my passport B, would they deny my right to entry country A as the visa is technically not valid?

Or am I over complicating the thing as both country A and UK wouldnt care much because they are not the issuing country of passport B.

Any insights appreciated.

Thanks
Provided Country B hasn't cancelled or revoked passport B, all other countries are none the wiser. Frankly, it's none of their business.
Most important thing is that you have a valid passport and a valid visa or valid passport that allows you to enter country C.
Easy like a Sunday morning.
You might have a bit of palpitations and look uneasy because you're doing the wrong thing knowingly.

But officially, they can't be held accountable for your actions. Some immigrations don't even know their own rules, not to mention that of a country B so very far off!
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!