ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching Visa - ILR Application - Suggestion Needed

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rahul_kapoor
Newly Registered
India

Switching Visa - ILR Application - Suggestion Needed

Post by rahul_kapoor » Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:37 pm

Hi,

I am currently working on a Skilled worker visa (T2 General) for the last 15 months.

Now, my wife has got a Skilled worker visa from her company - so she'll switch from a Skilled worker Dependent to a Skilled worker visa.

Can you please suggest -

1) Her 15 months will be counted in the ILR application after the completion of 5 years or it's gone with the visa change now?
2) If I change a job and switch to my wife's visa as a Skilled worker dependent visa - will my 15 months be countable in the ILR application or not?

Is the combination of Skilled worker and Skilled worker dependent visa allowed in the ILR application?

Would appreciate a quick suggestion.

meself2
Ireland

Re: Switching Visa - ILR Application - Suggestion Needed

Post by meself2 » Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:47 pm

rahul_kapoor wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:37 pm
Is the combination of Skilled worker and Skilled worker dependent visa allowed in the ILR application?
No. Time on skilled worker won't count for dependent ILR clock and vice versa (except 10 years LR).
post2081064.html#p2081064
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.