ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS skilled - Visa expiring plus changing jobs

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

firefreezer
Newly Registered
India

PBS skilled - Visa expiring plus changing jobs

Post by firefreezer » Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:53 am

Hi forum

Can you please clarify the following to me:
I am currently on a PBS skilled visa which expires on 24-Nov-2021

Q1. Can i apply for renewal by the 24th of Nov and keep working for my current employer (after the 24th) till i get the new BRP or do i need to apply as soon as possible, to get my new BRP before the 24th Nov?

Q2. I have another job offer letter with me, which i am considering. If i accept the job, will they need to issue me a CoS and start my application before the 24th of Nov? Can i keep working on my current job while the process completes in the background after the 24th Nov?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PBS skilled - Visa expiring plus changing jobs

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:59 am

I am currently on a PBS skilled visa which expires on 24-Nov-2021
Hopefully you mean 2022 and not 2021!!
Q1. Can i apply for renewal by the 24th of Nov and keep working for my current employer (after the 24th) till i get the new BRP or do i need to apply as soon as possible, to get my new BRP before the 24th Nov?
The 24th is the latest you can apply and yes you can continue working provided you apply before the expiry date of your current visa.
Q2. I have another job offer letter with me, which i am considering. If i accept the job, will they need to issue me a CoS and start my application before the 24th of Nov? Can i keep working on my current job while the process completes in the background after the 24th Nov?
Yes, you need a CoS and MUST apply before your visa expires. You can probably continue working if your employer lets you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

firefreezer
Newly Registered
India

Post by firefreezer » Fri Oct 28, 2022 12:21 pm

[qoute] Hopefully you mean 2022 and not 2021!![/quote]
Yes 2022 not 2021, eek!
Yes, you need a CoS and MUST apply before your visa expires. You can probably continue working if your employer lets you.
I have a 3 month notice period. If the employer doesnt let me work, would i need to leave the country while waiting for the visa from my new employer? or can i still continue to remain in the UK?

We used to have large documents with these kinds of advice on the Gov.Uk website before, did those get removed?

And thanks for your help and assurance as always!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 12:29 pm

If the employer doesnt let me work, would i need to leave the country while waiting for the visa from my new employer?
No.
or can i still continue to remain in the UK?
Yes, but if your current employment ends, you will not be permitted to work until you have your new visa.
We used to have large documents with these kinds of advice on the Gov.Uk website before, did those get removed?
The guidance is still available, simply search for it.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.