ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS dependency visa - Tier 2 extension

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

angkoomin
Malaysia

PBS dependency visa - Tier 2 extension

Post by angkoomin » Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:01 pm

Hi there,

I have recently received my ILR and I'm in the midst of preparing the application for my wife's visa extension as she has been in the country for 3 years under PBS Dependant Leave To Enter as I was on Tier 2 visa.

As I'm going through the 'Dependant Partner' application, there is a question of:

1. Your current permission to be in the UK
What type of visa, leave to enter or remain or other permission do you have to be in the UK?
- Visit
- Work
- Study
- Family
- Status under the EU Settlement Scheme
- Settlement
- Other

I'm guessing this would be family rather than settlement as it is asking the current permission - right?

2. When choosing family - this is the next question:
Your current leave to remain
On what basis did you apply for your current visa, leave to enter or remain or other permission?
- As the partner of a British citizen, settled person or person with pre-settled status under the EUSS; a person with refugee leave or humanitarian protection in the UK, or a person with leave as a Turkish ECAA worker or business person
- As the child of a British citizen, settled person or person with pre-settled status under the EUSS; a person with refugee leave or humanitarian protection in the UK, or a person with leave as a Turkish ECAA worker or business person
- As the parent of a British citizen or settled child, or child with pre-settled status under the EUSS who is under 18, or who was under 18 when you were initially granted leave in this category and is not living an independent life
- As an adult coming to the UK to be cared for by a relative who is a British citizen, settled person or a person with refugee leave or humanitarian protection in the UK
- Private life in the UK
- Leave outside the Immigration Rules, including on the basis of compelling or compassionate circumstances or an Article 8 claim
- Medical grounds or ill health
- Discretionary leave
- None of the above, or I'm not sure

I'm not sure of this answer. What would the team suggest?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PBS dependency visa - Tier 2 extension

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 6:45 pm

You select "work" in the first question.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.