ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Queries for registering child born in UK as British

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

iampranavvirmani
United Kingdom

Queries for registering child born in UK as British

Post by iampranavvirmani » Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:53 pm

Context:
Child Born in UK - Dec 2019, will turn 3 this December
Father received ILR - Oct 2022 (this month)

1. Can my wife apply for her ILR and in parallel I apply for my son British Registration in parallel?
2. Do I need to apply for ILR for my son or I can go directly to British Registeration?
3. The application form for my son registration is this one? -https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... 1664018410
i.e. Apply for registration of a child under 18 as a British citizen
4. Guidance for referee says - "Where the applicant is a child applying, one referee should be a professional who has engaged with the child in a professional capacity, such as a teacher, health visitor, social worker or minister of religion." - I am not sure if his nursery will be ready to give that information and also given he is less than 3 years old and he is going to nursery since 18 months, they would not have known him or us since 3 years? Where can I find list of professionals accepted as a referee? I have a friend who works as a physiotherapist in NHS Hospital who is ready to be a referee, will that work?
5. Form asks if you have been living at this address for last 5 years? Given he is not even 3, should I say yes? Or should I answer the question for myself and given I have been living at my current address since 4 years so do I give my previous address as well?
6. To a question - "Are either of the parents of the child (as stated in this application) applying for naturalisation as a British citizen on an AN form?" As I have just received ILR and not eligible to apply for British Citizenship until a year more - I should say No?
7. Last, even if his British Registration citizenship is in the process (lets say I apply tomorrow) - can we travel outside the country? He has a valid PBS Dependent Visa valid until Oct 2023?

Many thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Queries for registering child born in UK as British

Post by zimba » Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:28 pm

1. Your wife's application has nothing to do with your son's MN1 application
2. UK-born children have an automatic entitlement to be registered for British citizenship after just one parent settles. Visa or ILR is not necessary for such a child
3. Yes, form MN1
4. You need two referees. A British citizen and a professional. The professional referee for children must have interacted professionally with the child. You can use a regular professional if you show that you tried and failed to secure such a referee.
List: https://www.gov.im/media/624353/listofreferees.pdf

5. You should say yes.
6. You should say No
7. Yes. Nationality applications are not like immigration applications. The Dependant visa remains valid for re-entry
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

iampranavvirmani
United Kingdom

Post by iampranavvirmani » Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:16 pm

Many thanks for your reply. So I went to see my sons GP as well as Nursery teacher they are happy to give reference on how they know the child but are not comfortable to share their personal address, or passport details or date of birth - all required in online form, also they are not ready to sign a form which says they can be penalised £5k, so should I in that case say that in a cover letter that they were not ready to provide references and hence have used other references?

Also I work in a Bank but as a credit risk professional, would any of my colleague who know me would be counted as a professional or do they have to be working in a Branch?

Sorry one more thing - if bank official is on a contract will that work or does it have to be only permanent employee?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:59 am

iampranavvirmani wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:16 pm
iampranavvirmani wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:01 pm
iampranavvirmani wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:21 pm
Many thanks for your reply. So I went to see my sons GP as well as Nursery teacher they are happy to give reference on how they know the child but are not comfortable to share their personal address, or passport details or date of birth - all required in online form, also they are not ready to sign a form which says they can be penalised £5k, so should I in that case say that in a cover letter that they were not ready to provide references and hence have used other references?

Also I work in a Bank but as a credit risk professional, would any of my colleague who know me would be counted as a professional or do they have to be working in a Branch?

Sorry one more thing - if bank official is on a contract will that work or does it have to be only permanent employee? Contract job can be used, no issues.

iampranavvirmani
United Kingdom

Post by iampranavvirmani » Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:40 pm

Hi all - on the topic of reference for child, the nursery manager is not comfortable to share their passport number of address.

I saw below guidance on immigration board but I can’t find it anywhere at all:

6.3.7.9 Those acting in a professional capacity may not wish to provide their personal details. In such cases, we would be content for the person acting as a referee to put his or her business contact details. In addition, if the person does not wish their passport details to be seen by the person applying for citizenship, they can omit this from the form, entering “details available on request”.

Would someone be able to guide if I can use their reference without their date of birth or passport number?

I cannot find the above guidance anywhere. Can anyone share a link?

Also what should I then update in the date of birth in online form, if I don’t have their date of birth?

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:10 pm

It’s from an old guidance.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:12 pm

iampranavvirmani wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:40 pm
Hi all - on the topic of reference for child, the nursery manager is not comfortable to share their passport number of address.

I saw below guidance on immigration board but I can’t find it anywhere at all:

6.3.7.9 Those acting in a professional capacity may not wish to provide their personal details. In such cases, we would be content for the person acting as a referee to put his or her business contact details. In addition, if the person does not wish their passport details to be seen by the person applying for citizenship, they can omit this from the form, entering “details available on request”.

Would someone be able to guide if I can use their reference without their date of birth or passport number?

I cannot find the above guidance anywhere. Can anyone share a link?

Also what should I then update in the date of birth in online form, if I don’t have their date of birth?
You can use anyone else for child referee. HO isn't really fussy about kids. It's hard to find someone that knows the child personally and willing to share their personal details.

Use your friend.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!