ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1- Dependant visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ukmvenkat
Newly Registered

Tier 1- Dependant visa

Post by ukmvenkat » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:12 am

My husband was in workpermit and myself & my kids were in workpermit dependant visa. Recently, my husband has applied for Tier 1 General including Tier-1 dependant for my kids. I could not able to send my application as a Tier 1 Dependent, because my employer has applied for a workpermit for me. Meanwhile my workpermit has been rejected. Then I applied for a Tier1- Dependant separately while my husband HSMP papers were under process.

Now, my Husband has got the Tier-1 General for him and dependant visa for my children. But my Tier-1 Dependant visa is refused due to some drop of fund maintenance in my UK bank account. Since I have submitted my papers when my husband papers were under process, I could not able to send my husband's bank statement. So, I decided to send my own bank statements. Now, my application was refused due to drop of fund on a specific date (shown in the statement).

Now I got a right to appeal. But now workpermit dependant visa expired on Nov 13th. I would like to know whether I can appeal against this decision. If I make an appeal, is it ok to submit my husband bank statements now(under additional gounds section, given in the AIT-1 appeal form.? Will the appeal go thru? How long can I stay in UK, if I do an appeal?

Also Please explain how the appeal process works?

Urgent help needed, please.

Raji_karmlaw

Post by Raji_karmlaw » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:26 am

Hi,
U need to get hold of a good solicitor ASAP.
Immigration law is mystery and a mastery in obfuscation, and the lawyers who can figure that out are worth their weight in gold.

ukmvenkat
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by ukmvenkat » Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:51 am

Hi,
Thanks very much for your information and guidance.

ukmvenkat
Newly Registered

Post by ukmvenkat » Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:50 pm

One more question, advice please.

I got my Tier 1 dependant visa refusal letter last week due to insufficient fund in UK bank account. I am planning to file an appeal with additional documents for as a proof for fund maintenance.

Can I file a new tier 1- dependant application(in-country application), when my appeals is in progress? My current leave also expired last week.

Thanks.
[/u]

ukmvenkat
Newly Registered

Post by ukmvenkat » Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:52 pm

One more question, advice please.

I got my Tier 1 dependant visa refusal letter last week due to insufficient fund in UK bank account. I am planning to file an appeal with additional documents for as a proof for fund maintenance.

Can I file a new tier 1- dependant application(in-country application), when my appeals is in progress? My current leave also expired last week.

Thanks.
[/u]

klop
Newly Registered

Post by klop » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:38 pm

As far as I know you are not able to file any documents, you are only allowed to file a cover letter! it is clerly showen in the policy guidance.

by the way, how many funds have you deposited?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:09 pm

If your leave has expired (as you say), then you cannot make a fresh application - if you do, it will be rejected straightaway.

You have to options - Either appeal against the decision on your earlier application (within the stipulated timeframe) or return to home country and make a dependent application from there.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

ukmvenkat
Newly Registered

Post by ukmvenkat » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:54 pm

Thanks for the reply.

Are you suggesting to file a cover letter when I do appeal. By the way are you talking about policy guidance?

Please suggest me.

ukmvenkat
Newly Registered

Post by ukmvenkat » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:23 pm

Thanks for the reply.

Are you suggesting to file a cover letter when I do appeal. By the way are you talking about policy guidance?

Please suggest me.