ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Kids citizenship application - parents surname query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pavanboya29
Newly Registered
India

Kids citizenship application - parents surname query

Post by pavanboya29 » Sun Nov 06, 2022 2:26 pm

Hi,

I'm (father) submitting a citizenship application for my kids (11 yrs, and 7 yrs old); a question regarding parents' surname printed on birth certificates, and Indian passports.

On the kid's birth certificates and passports, the mother's surname is printed using my (father) surname; but my wife's passport and BRP have got her real surname from her parents, also my passport reflects her real surname in the spouse field.

Does this mismatch need to be explained as part of the kid's application? If so, how should I deal with it?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
Pavan.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Kids citizenship application - parents surname query

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:09 am

pavanboya29 wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 2:26 pm
Hi,

I'm (father) submitting a citizenship application for my kids (11 yrs, and 7 yrs old); a question regarding parents' surname printed on birth certificates, and Indian passports.

On the kid's birth certificates and passports, the mother's surname is printed using my (father) surname; but my wife's passport and BRP have got her real surname from her parents, also my passport reflects her real surname in the spouse field.

Does this mismatch need to be explained as part of the kid's application? If so, how should I deal with it?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
Pavan.
It is not am issue that requires explaining. Will want to believe CWs know of name change due to marriage.

pavanboya29
Newly Registered
India

Re: Kids citizenship application - parents surname query

Post by pavanboya29 » Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:46 am

Thanks for your reply.