ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Upgrading to Priority service by withdrawing application

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tascott
Newly Registered
Australia

Upgrading to Priority service by withdrawing application

Post by tascott » Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:15 am

My friend submitted her skilled worker (heath care worker) extension application (same employer) on the 30th October. She has since realised that there are delays to processing applications andhas travel booked for the xmas holidays.

As one can't upgrade a prexisting application to priority, I think the best option for her would be to withdraw her current application and submit a new one and pay for the priority service.

However, I would appreciate some clarification on the following:

1. Her current visa is valid until 17 Nov. As long as she submits a new application before then, is she not at risk of being an overstayer?
2. If she withdraws, can she reuse the same CoS (it is valid to Jan, but I'm not sure if one can use it twice?)
3. Will she get any money back from the first visa application?

Any other thoughts/advice welcome!

lolo2
Venezuela

Re: Upgrading to Priority service by withdrawing application

Post by lolo2 » Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:53 pm

tascott wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:15 am
Any other thoughts/advice welcome!
Just to comment that these delays are happening at any level, so paying for a priority service is not a guarantee she will receive a response in the given timescale.

There are a number of cases here from members who paid priority and still having delays of weeks or even months.

The situation at the HO with immigration applications is on the news literally every day.

tascott
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by tascott » Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:51 pm

Yes I am feeling silly for not checking if that were delays right now. Particularly as I have experienced them myself in the past for tier 2 and ILR. I just thought the pandemic was over and everything was back to normal.

If anyone has any experience on this I know my friend would really appreciate it. Particularly regarding whether the a new CoS is needed, as that will define whether my friend goes through with this.

tascott
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by tascott » Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:51 pm

Yes I am feeling silly for not checking if that were delays right now. Particularly as I have experienced them myself in the past for tier 2 and ILR. I just thought the pandemic was over and everything was back to normal.

If anyone has any experience on this I know my friend would really appreciate it. Particularly regarding whether the a new CoS is needed, as that will define whether my friend goes through with this.