ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling after 9 months of visa stamping

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Gallian100

Travelling after 9 months of visa stamping

Post by Gallian100 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:50 am

Hi ,
My visa was stamped in March 2008 and now i am planning to travel as finally i have received some good offers. I urgently need to know what documents should i keep with me and what will happen since my TB screening certificate has already expired. I will be landing at Birmingam international and need to know will there be some facility for TB screening in case they require it, and howmuch will they charge me for that????

I will flying next monday so it is not possible for me to get TB screening again.

Need urgent advice!!!

oz_to_uk
Newly Registered

Post by oz_to_uk » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:48 am

Provide some suggestion , how did you managed to get job while staying in home country ?

Balan
Newly Registered

UK Tier 1 (General) visas

Post by Balan » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:13 pm

Hi All,

I had applied Tier 1 and got it approved.

I am planning to travel on the 3rd week of November.
What medical tests do I need to do? and What reports I need to carry?

Your guidance will be of great help

Balan

Preprem
Newly Registered

Post by Preprem » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:29 am

Gallian100

I emailed to the home office in Sheffield for this kind of question. They replied to me that
"In reply to your email, I can confirm you will have to speak to someone
in the British embassy in your home country regarding this as we do not
deal with applications being made outside of the UK"

I emailed to the British Embassy in my home country since last week. No reply.

I also emailed to VFS in my country. They said "As this is a case specific enquiry, I have forwarded a copy of your e-mail to the British Embassy Visa Section who will advise accordingly"

NOW, I am still waiting for the answer.

h_s_m_p

Post by h_s_m_p » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:50 am

Gallion,

Please share ur experience with the Entry officer because you are travelling after 9 months of ur visa stamping...pls do let us know your experience.

All the best..

h_s_m_p

Post by h_s_m_p » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:50 am

Gallion,

Did you face any issue with the Entry officer. Pls post ur experience.

Regards

jhp

Re: Travelling after 9 months of visa stamping

Post by jhp » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:29 am

Gallian100 wrote:Hi ,
My visa was stamped in March 2008 and now i am planning to travel as finally i have received some good offers. I urgently need to know what documents should i keep with me and what will happen since my TB screening certificate has already expired. I will be landing at Birmingam international and need to know will there be some facility for TB screening in case they require it, and howmuch will they charge me for that????

I will flying next monday so it is not possible for me to get TB screening again.

Need urgent advice!!!

Take a chest x-ray with you thats all. If you dont carry your chest x-ray they will make you get it done at the airport as part of the immigration control. Its free but be assured you'll be waiting for upto 2 hrs getting it done and you'll be unessarily elongating your time to get through the immigration clearance. Its an unnessary hassle so get your chest xray done and carry it your cabin bag.

Gallian100

Post by Gallian100 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:12 pm

Hi ,
I reached here without any issues with Entry clearance officer. It was pretty straight forward , she just asked me why I been entering UK so late? I answered with the interview offer printout and that all.

h_s_m_p wrote:Gallion,

Did you face any issue with the Entry officer. Pls post ur experience.

Regards

Preprem
Newly Registered

Post by Preprem » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:27 am

Gallian100

thanks for the update.

did you have to show them your expired TB cert?

Gallian100

Post by Gallian100 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:14 am

No , it was not asked

hsmp100
Newly Registered

Post by hsmp100 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:37 pm

I am travelling soon to UK... Apart from TB screening do I need to prepare for any thing else?
my visa are stamped recently just few days back and I am travelling for a very short period of time - around two weeks, any likely questions at immigration and entry at the UK airport?

Thanks for your help!!
sorry for posting the duplicate post.....I got this link after I posted the query on TB screening.