ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Replacement of Naturalisation Certificate

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kubasak
Newly Registered

Replacement of Naturalisation Certificate

Post by kubasak » Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:54 pm

Hello guys,

I am in very frustrated situation. I sent my origin country passports ( 1. Expired one which I used to enter the country and 2. A current valid one ) along with my naturalisation certificate by Royal Mail to HMPO for British passport application but unfortunately Royal Mail lost my documents,

So I applied the duplicate citizenship certificate online by completing NC form , and my origin country passport from my embassy , I got the new passport from my origin country embassy but still waiting for duplicate citizenship certificate.

I applied on 15 October and on 24 October for email from citizenship.support@homeoffice.gov.uk that I should expect to receive it in next 7 days but now 12 days have passed and I received nothing. I sent a lot of emails to them but no reply after that. Don’t know why they sent the email of 7 days then and after stop replying me.

Can somebody help me by telling that how long it takes to have a duplicate naturalisation certificate( as I even don’t have any British passport yet )

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Replacement of Naturalisation Certificate

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:46 pm

When exactly did you apply for your British passport and send the documents?

What evidence do you have that HMPO has lost your documents?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kubasak
Newly Registered

Post by kubasak » Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:22 am

Thanks for your reply ,
I applied on 30 September
I sent my two origin country passports ( one expired one and other valid one and my naturalisation certificate) for my first uk passport application but documents are lost.

Documents are lost by Royal Mail not by HMPO . And is confirmed by Royal Mail that they are lost . Bcz I sent by special delivery and tracking number is stuck on the beginning, I called Royal Mail went to there delivery centre either and they said it’s lost and same HMPO confirmed that they never received it.

I applied for replacement of my documents, I got my origin country passport from my embassy but waiting for copy naturalisation certificate, citizenship.support@homeoffice.gov.uk sent me email after one week of applying that I would get it in seven days but now 13 days have passed nothing arrived .I sent late a lot of emails to then but never get any reply.

How long would it take to have a duplicate certificate and why citizenship.support sent me email for 7 days .?

kubasak
Newly Registered

Post by kubasak » Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:42 am

CR001 wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:46 pm
When exactly did you apply for your British passport and send the documents?

What evidence do you have that HMPO has lost your documents?
Thanks for your reply ,
I applied on 30 September
I sent my two origin country passports ( one expired one and other valid one and my naturalisation certificate) for my first uk passport application but documents are lost.

Documents are lost by Royal Mail not by HMPO . And is confirmed by Royal Mail that they are lost . Bcz I sent by special delivery and tracking number is stuck on the beginning, I called Royal Mail went to there delivery centre either and they said it’s lost and same HMPO confirmed that they never received it.

I applied for replacement of my documents, I got my origin country passport from my embassy but waiting for copy naturalisation certificate, citizenship.support@homeoffice.gov.uk sent me email after one week of applying that I would get it in seven days but now 13 days have passed nothing arrived .I sent late a lot of emails to then but never get any reply.

How long would it take to have a duplicate certificate and why citizenship.support sent me email for 7 days .?

kubasak
Newly Registered

Post by kubasak » Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:44 pm

Is there any body to help me please :(

sg95
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by sg95 » Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:38 pm

Hi did you manage to get your replacement certificate?
kubasak wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:44 pm

kubasak
Newly Registered

Post by kubasak » Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:31 pm

sg95 wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:38 pm
Hi did you manage to get your replacement certificate?
kubasak wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:44 pm
Yes I got my duplicate citizenship certificate, it took me a month