ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Universal Credit statements as Proof of 5 years residence

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

OneTrickPony
United Kingdom

English language test Trinity college what type of results (?)

Post by OneTrickPony » Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:39 am

Hi I passed my English test for citizenship at Trinity College London this summer. They gave me a certificate and they also sent me some Unique Electronic Reference Number (which also mentioned on the certificate itself as UER) by email. I don't remember which one came first certificate or email. So now when I am asked 'How did you get your results?' I have two answers: 'Certificate' or 'Online Reference Number'. If I give an answer 'Certificate' it doesn't ask me any further details and goes to the next question so I am guessing they gonna tell me later to sent them a copy of that certificate (?) If I answer 'Online reference number' it asks me for awarding body and reference number. I am a little confused as I have both.. kind of.. if UER is the same as reference number. For those who also did their test at Trinity College, what exactly did you answer?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: English language test Trinity college what type of results (?)

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:10 am

Select online reference number and input the UER.
Then Upload scanned copy of the certificate as part of the documents to submit.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: English language test Trinity college what type of results (?)

Post by contorted_svy » Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:26 am

OneTrickPony wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:39 am
Hi I passed my English test for citizenship at Trinity College London this summer. They gave me a certificate and they also sent me some Unique Electronic Reference Number (which also mentioned on the certificate itself as UER) by email. I don't remember which one came first certificate or email. So now when I am asked 'How did you get your results?' I have two answers: 'Certificate' or 'Online Reference Number'. If I give an answer 'Certificate' it doesn't ask me any further details and goes to the next question so I am guessing they gonna tell me later to sent them a copy of that certificate (?) If I answer 'Online reference number' it asks me for awarding body and reference number. I am a little confused as I have both.. kind of.. if UER is the same as reference number. For those who also did their test at Trinity College, what exactly did you answer?
Answer "online reference number" and provide the details of the awarding body. You will still be asked to scan the certificate and upload it with the supporting documents. You likely received the UER first and the physical certificate later.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

OneTrickPony
United Kingdom

Second referee profession

Post by OneTrickPony » Wed Oct 26, 2022 5:23 pm

Hi everyone, I'm doing British Citizenship application. My second referee has to be a person who has a professional standing. A friend of mine agreed to be my second referee. He is a Director of a Community Preschool. Is that okay to put him in the profession field? His profession is accepted?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Second referee profession

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:02 pm

OneTrickPony wrote:
Wed Oct 26, 2022 5:23 pm
Hi everyone, I'm doing British Citizenship application. My second referee has to be a person who has a professional standing. A friend of mine agreed to be my second referee. He is a Director of a Community Preschool. Is that okay to put him in the profession field? His profession is accepted?
Read below and see list of acceptable professions

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... y-guidance

OneTrickPony
United Kingdom

Post by OneTrickPony » Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:59 am

Could not find the list there unfortunately

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 6:33 am

OneTrickPony wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:59 am
Could not find the list there unfortunately
Did you even look through the pdf second link within the link posted? Page 25!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

OneTrickPony
United Kingdom

Post by OneTrickPony » Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:52 am

Well his profession is not listed there I saw only 'teacher, lecturer'. Hence I am asking would Director of a Community Preschool be okay for reference? I believe he used to work as a teacher too but right now his job title is that one.

OneTrickPony
United Kingdom

previous UK immigration applications question

Post by OneTrickPony » Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:15 am

I'm applying for British Citizenship. In this question: Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad? This includes applications for asylum in the UK. So my story here I applied for a UK tourist visa first then I arrived in the UK, upon arrival I claimed asylum and I got my asylum seeker card soon, after roughly 2 years I got my first 'Leave to Remain' BRP card, then 5 years after that I applied for ILR BRP card which I currently hold. I also applied for Travel Documents two times. One of them already expired and one is up to date. So which one of those all I should list under 'previous UK immigration applications? Sorry I am a little confused.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: previous UK immigration applications question

Post by Ticktack » Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:42 am

OneTrickPony wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:15 am
I'm applying for British Citizenship. In this question: Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad? This includes applications for asylum in the UK. So my story here I applied for a UK tourist visa first then I arrived in the UK, upon arrival I claimed asylum and I got my asylum seeker card soon, after roughly 2 years I got my first 'Leave to Remain' BRP card, then 5 years after that I applied for ILR BRP card which I currently hold. I also applied for Travel Documents two times. One of them already expired and one is up to date. So which one of those all I should list under 'previous UK immigration applications? Sorry I am a little confused.
All those applications go on the list except for the initial visitors visa used to come to the UK.
That is a non-immigrant/visitors visa.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

OneTrickPony
United Kingdom

Post by OneTrickPony » Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:26 pm

Hi Ticktack and just to double check those Travel Docs also should go in the list? Asking cause I somehow thought they were not immigrational applications but I may be wrong as I do not know the law.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:50 am

OneTrickPony wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:26 pm
Hi Ticktack and just to double check those Travel Docs also should go in the list? Asking cause I somehow thought they were not immigrational applications but I may be wrong as I do not know the law.
You're right, the Travel docs aren't exactly immigration applications, but they are linked to your applications to stay in the UK at every point in time. Evidence of right to stay.
So if it's not too much bother, add them to the list. Cost you nothing.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

OneTrickPony
United Kingdom

Enter your reference number if known in Citizenship application

Post by OneTrickPony » Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:23 pm

Hi, I'm applying for citizenship with history of asylum/refugee claims. When I give them the details of my Previous Immigrational Applications firstly I have put there my initial asylum claim - the one when I arrived in the UK. There is a field 'Enter your reference number if known'. Should I write there my Home Office Reference or should I give them the IFB Reference Number? Confused because IFB Reference Number I seem to have gotten before I got my Home Office Reference (according to the old papers that I have from the Home Office). Interestingly though once I got the Home Office Reference number I never saw the IFB Reference Number again.. it seems to only appear on my initial asylum claim screening and finger prints papers.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Enter your reference number if known in Citizenship application

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:28 pm

Always use Home Office reference numbers, don't know what IFB number is.
Not critical in my view, and it's questionable whether some records still exist - main thing is to provide what you have, or remember.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

OneTrickPony
United Kingdom

Re: Enter your reference number if known in Citizenship application

Post by OneTrickPony » Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:00 pm

Thank you!

OneTrickPony
United Kingdom

Should I write my patronymic name?

Post by OneTrickPony » Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:30 pm

I originally come from a country which uses patronymic names as part of the official name in the passport. However when I made my asylum claim it has not been written down on any application documents nor on any claim outcome papers. And when I did my subsequent immigrational applications including even those made with my solicitor I only used my First name and Surname. However I strongly believe Home Office is aware of me having a patronymic name because it is written in my British Tourist visa which I used to come to the UK. This name also appears on my home passports (however only my first name was translated in English on my external passport). The reason it is skipped is perhaps because when I initially arrived I was not the one who was filling in all the papers. I was detained and my documents were taken away from me by the police and it was usually the interpreters/solicitors or immigrational officers who wrote down all the stuff. And there is usually never a field for a patronymic name when you fill in applications form. So I was kind of going with the flow, only wrote what I was asked for. However on citizenship application right off the bat they ask you for it and explain you that if you have a patronymic name you need to write it in your Given name field so I did. Before I don't remember if ever been asked that in the application. And now I am a little confused: 1. Will this create any difficulties for me with this application and will the questions arise as to why I have not used my patronymic in my previous immigrational applications 2. Will my long-mule patronymic name have go into my British Passport in the filed Given Name or something when they issue it?

meself2
Ireland

Re: Should I write my patronymic name?

Post by meself2 » Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:52 am

folks say you're fine to leave it out, I reckon - post2086363.html#p2086363
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

OneTrickPony
United Kingdom

Proof of living in the UK for refugee applicants

Post by OneTrickPony » Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:16 pm

Hi for those who apply for citizenship as a Refugee what should we provide as a Proof of living in the UK? In the web application form's explanation it says: ''If you are a Non-EEA National, you need to include your passport to prove you have lived in the UK for the relevant 3- or 5-year period.

If you do not have your passport or it was not stamped when you entered the UK, you need to include letters (for example, from your employer or government department) as proof.

Bank statements or household bills are not suitable proof you have been living in the UK.''

I am confused about what I must provide? If I get that right, I should look for some letters now that are 5 years old? and how many of them needed.

Bash_
Syria

Re: Proof of living in the UK for refugee applicants

Post by Bash_ » Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:42 pm

you can use your travel document as proof of living in the UK, especially since it must be stamped on entry everytime.
OneTrickPony wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:16 pm
Hi for those who apply for citizenship as a Refugee what should we provide as a Proof of living in the UK? In the web application form's explanation it says: ''If you are a Non-EEA National, you need to include your passport to prove you have lived in the UK for the relevant 3- or 5-year period.

If you do not have your passport or it was not stamped when you entered the UK, you need to include letters (for example, from your employer or government department) as proof.

Bank statements or household bills are not suitable proof you have been living in the UK.''

I am confused about what I must provide? If I get that right, I should look for some letters now that are 5 years old? and how many of them needed.

OneTrickPony
United Kingdom

Post by OneTrickPony » Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:22 pm

Okay, I have an old Travel Document that I got in 2015 and it expired in 2020. Do you think I should send them that one? And I also have a new TD that I applied just this year it doesn't have any stamps yet as it has never been used yet.. Hope I will not have to send my new one as I applied for it because I was hoping to use it when I'd go to see my family in USA this Christmas :/

Bash_
Syria

Post by Bash_ » Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:56 pm

Scan both showing the stamps for the trips you mention in the application.
No physical document is to be sent to HO, only scans will be uploaded on UKVCAS, so you are still free to travel after submission of your application and attending the biometrics.
OneTrickPony wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:22 pm
Okay, I have an old Travel Document that I got in 2015 and it expired in 2020. Do you think I should send them that one? And I also have a new TD that I applied just this year it doesn't have any stamps yet as it has never been used yet.. Hope I will not have to send my new one as I applied for it because I was hoping to use it when I'd go to see my family in USA this Christmas :/

OneTrickPony
United Kingdom

Post by OneTrickPony » Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:00 pm

But the thing is I made my last trip in May 2016 and never left the UK after. That makes it full 6 years without travelling outside the UK. I have not mentioned any trips in the application. They only asked me if I made any trips in the last 5 years and I have not.

OneTrickPony
United Kingdom

Post by OneTrickPony » Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:24 pm

So my last stamp is in May 2016 and it is in my old Travel Document. I have not had any stamps afterwards for six years because I did not leave the UK anymore. And hence no stamps in my new Travel Document. So should I scan every page in my old and new Travel Documents and that will be it?

OneTrickPony
United Kingdom

Do you have a valid identity card? Question

Post by OneTrickPony » Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:05 pm

Applying for naturalisation as a refugee here. I had my national identity card from my home country (internal passport) but when I sent it in support of my Travel Documents application Home Office never returned it to me. I happened to have a copy of it though because I believe Home Office gave me copies of all documents during my asylum application. However if I answer Yes and provide details for it using that photocopy I then get it in the list of the documents that need to be scanned/submitted. It says: Identity Card. So technically I have it and I guess I could requested from the Home Office but I am at the same time not in possession of it. Hence it is confusing to me. So should I answer Yes (and provide it's number) or just simply No?

Bash_
Syria

Post by Bash_ » Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:21 am

OneTrickPony wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:24 pm
So my last stamp is in May 2016 and it is in my old Travel Document. I have not had any stamps afterwards for six years because I did not leave the UK anymore. And hence no stamps in my new Travel Document. So should I scan every page in my old and new Travel Documents and that will be it?
Scan all pages of both TDs showing that you didn't go outside the country in the last 5 yrs.