ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

In-Country PBS Dependant Child visa MASSIVE delays

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ub1994
United Kingdom

In-Country PBS Dependant Child visa MASSIVE delays

Post by ub1994 » Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:07 pm

Applied for child’s PBS dependant visa on 27th June. Biometrics at Manchester on 30th June.
Still waiting on a decision.

I don’t mind the delay but what is infuriating is the fact that HO still have the 8-week SLA stated on their website.
I planned accordingly and kept a 6 month safety margin when buying flight tickets in advance.

Due to travel at the end of this month and now facing the situation of flying out of country without the child’s BRP: risking a withdrawn application and having to re-apply outside the UK,
OR,
Changing flights approaching one of the most busy and expensive times of the year.

Both options are going to cause extreme financial stress at this point.

I did write a letter to the HO decision making office in Sheffield in August and posted it physically. They responded to it via email last week saying the application is still under process and they are unable to assist further.

ub1994
United Kingdom

Re: In-Country PBS Dependant Child visa MASSIVE delays

Post by ub1994 » Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:01 am

After 4.5 months I have today received the application successful email.