ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child born while naturalisation application under process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sequoia
Newly Registered
India

Child born while naturalisation application under process

Post by sequoia » Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:20 pm

Hello,

Me and my husband are both Indian citizens and both of us have Indefinite Leave to Remain granted in March 2021. I applied for British citizenship in July 2022 and my application is still under review. My husband did not apply for British Citizenship.

Our daughter was born in October 2022 in the UK. I am now wondering should I notify UKVI that I now have a dependent who is a British Citizen as she was born to parents having ILR. Any guidance would be appreciated

Thank you

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Child born while naturalisation application under process

Post by Ticktack » Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:03 pm

sequoia wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:20 pm
Hello,

Me and my husband are both Indian citizens and both of us have Indefinite Leave to Remain granted in March 2021. I applied for British citizenship in July 2022 and my application is still under review. My husband did not apply for British Citizenship.

Our daughter was born in October 2022 in the UK. I am now wondering should I notify UKVI that I now have a dependent who is a British Citizen as she was born to parents having ILR. Any guidance would be appreciated

Thank you
You don't need to notify anyone. Child is automatically British by birth. Hence, child isn't under any immigration conditions.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

sequoia
Newly Registered
India

Re: Child born while naturalisation application under process

Post by sequoia » Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:03 pm

Thank you!