ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Queries

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

infinity_1106

Spouse Visa Queries

Post by infinity_1106 » Fri Nov 11, 2022 7:04 am

Hello All,

I will be applying spouse visa for my wife from Pakistan and I have enquiries in relation of visa application.

1. I cannot see requirement to provide evidence of Maintenance Fund if I am full time employed and earning more than £18,600 income threshold but I see applicants do submit Bank Statements showing that minimum balance over a period is greater than £5,000 in the last 90 days? Is that mandatory? The problem being that my bank statement had fluctuation and most of the excess income used to pay credit card outstanding each month so not an ideal statement to show entry clearance officer.

2. Do I have to supply Council Housing Inspection Report or Estate Agent Survey Report as part of application? I own the property and attached mortgage statement, Land Registry documents to proof ownership and property leaflet states description/floorplan, pictures etc which proof sufficient space for two adults. Are these documents sufficient or shall I also get housing inspection report which would cost me another £195 to get one through council.

3. On computerised Gov Nadra Marriage Certificate, Do I show UK address or Pakistan address where my parents live and I stay with them on my visits.

I would really appreciate if anyone could answer these queries.

Thanks.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Visa Queries

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:22 am

infinity_1106 wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 7:04 am
Hello All,

I will be applying spouse visa for my wife from Pakistan and I have enquiries in relation of visa application.

1. I cannot see requirement to provide evidence of Maintenance Fund if I am full time employed and earning more than £18,600 income threshold but I see applicants do submit Bank Statements showing that minimum balance over a period is greater than £5,000 in the last 90 days? Is that mandatory? The problem being that my bank statement had fluctuation and most of the excess income used to pay credit card outstanding each month so not an ideal statement to show entry clearance officer. With your income as stated above you meet financial requirements. The HO is not concerned or interested in your bank balance. Just provide ajob meeting the financial requirements corroborated by bank statements and payslips

2. Do I have to supply Council Housing Inspection Report or Estate Agent Survey Report as part of application? I own the property and attached mortgage statement, Land Registry documents to proof ownership and property leaflet states description/floorplan, pictures etc which proof sufficient space for two adults. Are these documents sufficient or shall I also get housing inspection report which would cost me another £195 to get one through council. The documents you stated should suffice, you do not need the housing report

3. On computerised Gov Nadra Marriage Certificate, Do I show UK address or Pakistan address where my parents live and I stay with them on my visits.

I would really appreciate if anyone could answer these queries.

Thanks.

infinity_1106

Post by infinity_1106 » Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:07 am

Thanks AmazonianX for the reply.

Do you know what address shall I request on official Marriage Certificate? UK address or Pakistan address?

Regards;

infinity_1106

Post by infinity_1106 » Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:25 am

Also another quick question, is there a requirement to provide certified British passport of sponsor? and certified Bank statements?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:23 am

infinity_1106 wrote:
Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:25 am
Also another quick question, is there a requirement to provide certified British passport of sponsor? and certified Bank statements?
They need not be certified....scanned copy of sponsors document showing their status in UK and bank statements on bank stationery (downloaded online pdf copy) sufficient.

infinity_1106

Post by infinity_1106 » Sat Nov 12, 2022 2:52 pm

Thank you. Any suggestion in regards to which address shall I ask registrar on marriage certificate from Pakistan? UK address or Pakistan (parents's address)?
AmazonianX wrote:
Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:23 am
infinity_1106 wrote:
They need not be certified....scanned copy of sponsors document showing their status in UK and bank statements on bank stationery (downloaded online pdf copy) sufficient.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Sat Nov 12, 2022 3:23 pm

infinity_1106 wrote:
Sat Nov 12, 2022 2:52 pm
Thank you. Any suggestion in regards to which address shall I ask registrar on marriage certificate from Pakistan? UK address or Pakistan (parents's address)?
AmazonianX wrote:
Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:23 am
infinity_1106 wrote:
Address on Marriage cert should have the address of where the husband lives and where the wife leaves. It doesn't matter if they are both in Pakistan, UK or anywhere else. It has to be where they live and not where their parent lives.
At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter, but it might look odd if it doesn't reflect as it should be.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!