ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Periods of absence from UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

NIKKI15810
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR application - when to apply?

Post by NIKKI15810 » Sat Nov 12, 2022 1:47 pm

Hi everyone, my husband's BRP expires on 26th January 2023. We are going to apply for ILR providing he passes the Life in the UK test which we are having a bit of difficulty with :( My question is, what is classed as the application date? The day you submit your documents etc online or the day you attend your UKVCAS appointment? I know you've to apply by 28 days before your current visa expires so I'm just worried about appointment availability if it's the latter! Thanks in advance for any advice.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: ILR application - when to apply?

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Nov 12, 2022 2:13 pm

The date of application is when you submit/pay online - UKVCAS is the biometrics only.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

NIKKI15810
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by NIKKI15810 » Sat Nov 12, 2022 2:25 pm

Thanks for the speedy response! That settles my mind!

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Sat Nov 12, 2022 3:04 pm

NIKKI15810 wrote:
Sat Nov 12, 2022 1:47 pm
Hi everyone, my husband's BRP expires on 26th January 2023. We are going to apply for ILR providing he passes the Life in the UK test which we are having a bit of difficulty with :( My question is, what is classed as the application date? The day you submit your documents etc online or the day you attend your UKVCAS appointment? I know you've to apply by 28 days before your current visa expires You don't have to apply 28 days before visa expires. It's just a concession for those that are impatient and want to apply early. You can apply until the last day of your visa. You can do your biometrics at anytime, even after visa expiry. so I'm just worried about appointment availability if it's the latter! Thanks in advance for any advice.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

NIKKI15810
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by NIKKI15810 » Sat Nov 12, 2022 3:09 pm

Thank you so much! What a relief. Yes we'll keep studying and trying.

NIKKI15810
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Periods of absence from UK

Post by NIKKI15810 » Sun Dec 11, 2022 1:38 pm

Hi guys, one of the questions has thrown me a bit on the application...

Since you started living in the UK have you spent time outside the UK? Do not include holidays of 2 weeks or less. Include any periods of time you have spent on the Isle of Man, Jersey or Guernsey.

So if I've been on holiday for a week or 2 weeks at a time over the last few years I don't include these in the application?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Periods of absence from UK

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:34 pm

NIKKI15810 wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 1:38 pm
Hi guys, one of the questions has thrown me a bit on the application...

Since you started living in the UK have you spent time outside the UK? Do not include holidays of 2 weeks or less. Include any periods of time you have spent on the Isle of Man, Jersey or Guernsey.

So if I've been on holiday for a week or 2 weeks at a time over the last few years I don't include these in the application?
I do not have sight of the application, if it state not to include holidays of less than 2weeks, then simply don't.